Diesel Oil Inside 4efte ?

My friend's 4efte car got flooded during typhoon and the water reached the ceiling of the car. Since the car was flooded, water penetrated the inside the engine bay.

after the flood was gone, the car was towed to a garage, After doing the all of sort basic thing to dry up the car, the mechanic flush out everything inside the car and replace it with diesel oil. <_< Then after a while started the engine. it took a while for the

engine to run, then another flush out and replaced again with a diesel engine. then the car runs.

Questions : Is that ok using diesel engine oil inside the 4efte? what would be the effect of using diesel oil inside that engine?

Also what is the right method of recovering the flooded engine and retoring it back to normal?

More Power Guys! Big thanks!

Just about all automotive oils are for both petrol and diesel. You can tell this by the API or ACEA specs printed on the can. Even oils labelled as diesel oils are for both, its just to help the customer.

Are you able to find out exactly what oil was used?

Cheers

Guy

i was told diesel oil is no good for a petrol engine as it contains detergents which petrol engines dont like :thumbsup:

Maybe once upon a time, but those days are gone in the automotive world. Some heavy commercial diesels have specific oils, think generators and ships that kind of thing.

Cheers

Guy

Just about all automotive oils are for both petrol and diesel. You can tell this by the API or ACEA specs printed on the can. Even oils labelled as diesel oils are for both, its just to help the customer.

Are you able to find out exactly what oil was used?

Cheers

Guy

I'll be looking in the garage for the oil can. However the car was planned to compete for a quarter mile next month, does using the diesel oil has any advantages since it absurbs more heat and sludge? Any efect also in turbo oiling system performance?

Chao!

Jon A

I'll be looking in the garage for the oil can. However the car was planned to compete for a quarter mile next month, does using the diesel oil has any advantages since it absurbs more heat and sludge? Any efect also in turbo oiling system performance?

Chao!

Jon A

The chances are it wont make any difference as I suspect the oil will be for both petrol and diesel.

Cheers

Guy