ive been there. its a bit of a c*nt, you will have to take the dash out to get at the heater matrix you will need to replace it.

in the mean time watch yourself, you can loop the pipe that goes from the engine to the firewall. this will cut off the supply of water to the matrix and means you can drive the c ar about.

just watch yourself the now. the water thats on the floor was supposed to be for your engine so until you have looped the pipe you will need to keep an eye on your radiator otherwise your car might over heat.

heater matrixes are 120 from toyota, i have one in my shop for sale

yea the water/anti freeze is from the engine dude.

thats why you need to check your rad

no the matrix is more than likely bust. the only way to check is taking the dash out but the matrix is just like a mini radiator.

alright. could you give me a more detailed explanation on how to temporarily fix it (the tube twisting thing)? that way i can drive it until i get time to replace the matrix this weekend.

and are there in dangers in doing the temporary fix?

where the two arrows are the two pipes that lead in and out of the core from the engine.

post-2-1255683115.jpg

you want to disconect those pipes.

remove one of the pipes

and loop the two connections that come out of the engine so that the water/coolant feeds back into the engine.

bypassing the heater matrix.

hope that made sense