'hks 60mm Rs Db Boost Meter' And 'hks Meter Interface Unit'

I just got my mits on a HKS boost gauge with interface controller and I'm eager to get it all set up but I've got no instructions to help me out

Anyone got them fitted in their car as I havn't got a clue where to start?

Any help would be much appriciated and i can post up some pictures if need be

Thanks in advance

:thumbsup:

Cheers for the swift responce mate :D

The meter interface thing is like a control unit which you can jack a load of HKS gauges into and run them all together as oppose to having millions of wires running all over the car :D

I've emailed HKS Europe but not got any word back then I've sent messages to a few people who are selling them on Ebay to see if they'd be able to send me a picture of the instructions (bit cheeky i know) :D

Anyway here's some pics :D

DSCN2285.jpg

DSCN2288.jpg

DSCN2287.jpg

DSCN2286.jpg

DSCN2289.jpg

DSCN2290.jpg

L_2298.jpg

I know this bit below you link up to the vacume pipe just in front of the driver in the engine bay with a 3 way splitter but i thought I'd post up the pic anyway :thumbsup:

DSCN2291.jpg

So pretty much theirs 3 extra plugs that im not sure about as in where they plug in the 1 off the boost gauge then the 2 in the same pic (1 big female 4 prong and 1 little male 3 prog)

B)

Im now thinking that the 2 plugs might plug into the ECU and the 1 off the gauge is for running the the connection to the vacuum pipe if you dont have the interface unit

But I've got to wip to uni now so I'll have a little look when i get back

yeah, its the same as the defi.

first of all tidy up that disgusting chopped wiring!

you need to wire the control unit up to some power source. then plumb the sensor into the bay and get a reading for it off of the map sensor hose. then plug the sensor into the right port on the controller.

then plug the gauge into the unit.

there will be extra wires for the ecu on that to read voltage and rpm etc for other HKS stuffs. but you wont need those.

its hard to explain via text! look at an instruction manual for the defi-link system. it will be almost exactly the same. itll give you an insight as to how it works.

the ony difference is the defis have a seperate loom for powering the unit, yours looks like its integrated into the daisy harness.

• 7 months later...

Just encase anyone else gets one here's where the wires go :D

Red = 12V supply

Orange = 12 v ignition

White = lights (so the meter lights up at night with the lights)

Black = Ground