guys recently failed the MOT and car was running fine ect just needed a rear caliper.sorted that anyway took the car for a drive and decided to not use the standard DV and just have the chatter which was fine and the car boosted perfect ect and that was that i barely drove it,just around the block to check the handbrake and that all the bits were sorted.whilst repairing car for MOT i also gutted the cat.anyway i noticed my car is now not hitting full boost at all.it gets to like 3/4 of the way to the boost gauge in the car and then really slowly gets nearer the final bar on the gauge although never reaches it even up at 7k so its not boosting proper.i thought it may have been a boost leak at first but having put the dv back it still does the same thing and there is traces of oil on DV so theres oil getting through.has my turbo called it a day?dosent smoke though by the way!engine sounds a bit rougher after the 3 weeks of it doing nowt but sounded mint before only difference now is the decat and lack of full boost but im guessing engine sounds a bit different cause of decat as it sounded fine just before that too.help!

Oil seal on your turbo could be gone mate?

Maybe?

Thats only a really rough guess as im no mechanic.

But disconnection the dumpvalve for 5 mins wont be whats killed it in my opinion

oil in the intake pipe isnt anything to worry about. thats pretty standard.

if the turbo seals go youll know about it as it smokes up like fuck.

id check all the lines etc on the actuator. it sounds like its hanging open.

you may have caught the wastegate open or jammed it somehow while changing the cat over.

not boosting doesnt mean its shagged though.