Engine Conversion 4efte?!?

right just want a few things answered really.

im dropping a 4efte in my SR as some of you may have seen.

i would want to know....

1 - is there any main problems i may come across, if so what? and how can i correct this?

2 - rough time scale of a engine swap?? there will be 3 to 4 of us doing this (the others have done this before, this is my first engine change)

3 - is the wiring straight forward to do? (im getting the loom ecu and engine all from the same ep)

thanks in advanced,

if theres 4 of you and they have experience the actual swapping of the engine can be done in a couple days or a really long day lol :p.

got a question to add bout wiring though.

If you use say a glanza engine and take the ecu interior loom , fusebox and engine loom. why would you have to modify any of it ?

when doin the conversion i found it easier to put the engine in from the bottom because the gearbox mount is right underneath the battery tray bit so would be a pain in the arse to try do from above.

Easiest way from what i understand is use everything from a glanza inc engine and ALL looms this way nothing needs to be modified.....if you use a GT engine thats where the problems start.

Dont split the box just drop it as a whole unit and split it later

the ep82s use a different engine loom and interior loom over the later glanza, plus iirc the gt turbo ecus are two plug and the glanza is three.

you will have a problem with the abs module if you rape a glanza for parts as your current starlet does have any provisions for it. also the rear light loom and fual pump loom might not match up also so its a good idea to get that from the donor car,

also mind and get the indicator stalks off the glanza as the uk ones wont fit into the loom

there are a few finacky bits to watch out for but by and large its pretty straight forward.

when i did my conversion i imported a starlet with abs and powerstearing to take the hastle out of most of the loom swap.