Cheers mate! Have you got a pic from the rear straight on from a lowish angle? And you reckon it's worth getting one from Toyota for £180???

Definitley not, if you can pick a decent second hand one up for like a tonne then fair enough, but £180 for a back box is a tad much. Could get a cat back system for like another £80 which is much more worthwhile.

Definitley not, if you can pick a decent second hand one up for like a tonne then fair enough, but £180 for a back box is a tad much. Could get a cat back system for like another £80 which is much more worthwhile.

Where from? And why would this be more worthwhile? I don't know much about exhausts to be honest!

Where from? And why would this be more worthwhile? I don't know much about exhausts to be honest!

Well Powerflow or other custom exahust company in your area. The will custom build an exhaust system from the cat back (straight thru) will gain more power from this and an even meatier sound and as a say as little as £80 more than the back box :p

Heh Heh, bet your glad u got it now Wings!

Its true that they dont pop up very often!

DO NOT BUY THE ONE FROM TOYOTA!!!!!!!

(did u get the point? :p ?)

Wait a bit longer and you shall receive or get sumthin just as good!

Good thing about the tte is that it comes with its own downpipe so stright bolt on!

Also no point in me posting up another pic of mine lol unless you want this to be a TTE shop of horrors! lol!

Peace Out

Joz

Heh Heh, bet your glad you got it now Wings!

Its true that they dont pop up very often!

DO NOT BUY THE ONE FROM TOYOTA!!!!!!!

(did you get the point? :) ?)

Wait a bit longer and you shall receive or get sumthin just as good!

Good thing about the tte is that it comes with its own downpipe so stright bolt on!

Also no point in me posting up another pic of mine lol unless you want this to be a TTE shop of horrors! lol!

Peace Out

Joz

Been doing a bit of reasearch - Autofixed on gtturbo.com do cat back systems for £245 - reckon this is a worthwhile mod to an n/a starlet with no other engine mods?

Been doing a bit of reasearch - Autofixed on gtturbo.com do cat back systems for £245 - reckon this is a worthwhile mod to an n/a starlet with no other engine mods?

Hi mate :)

You will benefit more and get added potential from your car if you have the new zorst system working with the corrola inlet manifold and a nice k&n panel filter, or if you want some noise, a tasty induction kit. That to me would be the bare minimum for any good improvement/gains. :D

Its not worth skimping on bits, not being pushy lol, its just if you are going to modify/upgrade her for better performance you will need those basic mods for starters for such a small engine with limited potential unless you turbo or lump it. May as well do it properly, and good thing is there are already proven results.

It also depends on what zorst system you go for, not my subject matter I'm afraid as I want to change mine someday but there are way too many options, some of them being expensive! :o

Hope that helps bro! :o

I've been at this stage before and I am well happy with the additions mentioned above!

Plz check out my ride if you have time :o You might find some nice ideas in there, a long read but I reckon it will be worth it to you :p Make sure to read the last page last! :p

My EP91

Peace Out

Joz

@Wings, the k&n panel filter is proven to improve the performance of the 4efe mate along with the standard airbox, for sure!

It is good and sitting in my parts cupboard for spare :)

Induction kits work better with larger engines and turbos as they benefit more, for example the skyline or twin turbos!

As for the decat, I want to do it, but only when I have a backup, as cats aren't cheap!

Peace Out

Joz