Fitting My Duck Spoiler?

Hey Guys

What is the best way to fix my new duck spoiler?... should I spray first then fit or vies versa also what is the best way to fix is there some sort of mastic or compound I can use?

tiger seat mate, thats what ya need, and spray the spoiler before you fit

LOL found it :harhar: Thanks guys Good stuff

can you post a close up of your spoilers posoition so i can get it just right when fitting. e.g on the window line, 10mm below the window line distance between top and bottom spoilers ?

Thanks ky

:)

you should bolt it to the car to be honest. then tigerseal the edges once its on.

best way to do it. mark up the bolt holes with some blutac, it gives you an acurate mark on the paint yo drill.

drill a large hole (10mm). then use a big washer when you bolt it on. gives you plenty of movelent when you fit it to get it exactly where you want it. just make sure you paint the bare mental after youve drilled it.

its a piece of piss to fit, i did mine in about 15 minutes. you just have to get brave to drill holes in your car ^^

Thanks Rick but i think ill just tigerseal it on :harhar:

dont think im brave enough to be drilling holes in it just yet i have done ma research on that tigerseal stuff and sound like pretty good stuff thanks for all your feeed back though guys :)

Would still like to see some close up pics though if anyone has any?

Thanks Rick but i think ill just tigerseal it on :harhar:

dont think im brave enough to be drilling holes in it just yet i have done ma research on that tigerseal stuff and sound like pretty good stuff thanks for all your feeed back though guys :)

Would still like to see some close up pics though if anyone has any?

But think of all the down force! it'll rip it straight off! hahha joke mate. wanna see some pics when your done =]

p.s ky, did you sort the 1st & 2nd restriction mate?

so youre going to tigerseal it, and youre worried about a hole?

and you think youll be able to get the tigerseal off if you dont like it anymore :harhar:

youll ruin the tailgate eitherway, youll never be able to go back to stock. you may aswell fix it on properly.

But think of all the down force! it'll rip it straight off! hahha joke mate. wanna see some pics when your done =]

p.s ky, did you sort the 1st & 2nd restriction mate?

ohh my god!!! how rude of me lol :harhar:

I fucking love it i shocked ma mate in his MR2 Turbo with it the other night he was impressed still roasted me thought that cars a beast! :)

I ow you a big thanks for that got a few questions and quires though :D

Is ther a way i can still have the use of my Hi and Lo button in the car and have 1st and 2nd gear de-restricted

Also it pulls up the question why did Toyota restrict the boost in the first place? will my gearbox be able to cope with new power?

so youre going to tigerseal it, and youre worried about a hole?

and you think youll be able to get the tigerseal off if you dont like it anymore :)

youll ruin the tailgate eitherway, youll never be able to go back to stock. you may aswell fix it on properly.

Very true! but i just dont fancy it but thanks for all your input its all very much apreciated :harhar:

id isten to rick personally

tiger seal is awesome strong stuff but youre bolloxed if you want to get it off its impossible really

if you drill the holes and bolt it on it will be more secure. all it takes is some pisshead n a saturday night to fall on it and tigerseal although strong isnt as strong as bolting it and if it comes off it will be hard to get back on exactly the same place

oh and this isnt chanelles old one is it?

Yea badass i believe it is.

ohh my god!!! how rude of me lol :harhar:

I fucking love it i shocked ma mate in his MR2 Turbo with it the other night he was impressed still roasted me thought that cars a beast! :)

I ow you a big thanks for that got a few questions and quires though :D

Is ther a way i can still have the use of my Hi and Lo button in the car and have 1st and 2nd gear de-restricted

Also it pulls up the question why did Toyota restrict the boost in the first place? will my gearbox be able to cope with new power?

dont mention it mate, i'm sure i'll ask you for a favour in the future =].

I dont think there is a way that the hi/lo boost button will do anything now you've de-restricted it.

I think your pretty safe as far as your gearbox and other components go mate. If i remember correctly, the Starlet GT has the same gearbox and definately the same engine but it never had the restriction =] The GT's would have had been restricted if it was an issue.

As far as tiger seal goes, this stuff is amazingly strong, You certainly wont have any issues with it 'falling off' and aslong as you intend on keeping it on forever =] do it.

haha i aint rick mate was me that asked lol

and just wondering who bought it off her wanted to see it on her car would have looked awesome on it but she wouldnt listen lol

oops sorry its late and past ma bed time LOL

i know i said the same thing when i went down to pic it up

well mate the saying goes another mans (womans) trash is another mans tresure lol :harhar: gonna get it sprayed up soon got a few other bits that need sprayin first though lil stone chips and scratches just wanna get the lot dun all at once but i know its gonna cost a bome!!! :)

you any good at spraying? its fookin hard to get it perfect but if you learn to do it yourself its much cheaper lol but better geting it done properly if youve never sprayed before lol

and dont worry mate as they say good things come to those who wait lol