High And Low Is It Best To ?

Hello guys,

Just wondering on the glanza V I'm sure everyone knows it has a High and Low boost button, whats the point in this? i know obviously it changes it to high and low.. but i mean does it save petrol or help save the turbo... etc.. Can someone here explain the point of it.. plus whats best to save petrol. Keeping it in low or high.. and for the turbo life span is it better kept in low... obviously when i get this little chavs come next to me.. i turn it on.. and bye bye corsa!!! lol

cheers guys hope you can help :p

Ive read a few times on here that toyota created the 'low' option to help with traction in shitty weather.

I dont think it will save much petrol at all to be honest.

i think low is 0.6 bar and high is 0.8 (correct me if im wrong guys)

Mitch

Remember that LO is permanently on in 1st and 2nd, so if want to keep thw HI/LO on you wont be able to get the best acceleration possible...

I think the popular opinion is to just remove it, and keep your right foot light...

Although im sure with an Actuator / Boost controller you can change between different boost settings? Not sure what this would do to help fuel consumption though...

High is 0.6 bar/9 psi and low is 0.4 bar/6 psi. I removed my restriction as soon as I found out about it and it seemed to come on a bit quicker and a lot stronger - gave a touch more boost too. It's a worth while thing to do because as the others have said you can just drive sensibly when you're not in the mood. . .

Kev

Ive read a few times on here that toyota created the 'low' option to help with traction in shitty weather.

I dont think it will save much petrol at all to be honest.

i think low is 0.6 bar and high is 0.8 (correct me if im wrong guys)

Mitch

yep the traction thing is right. basically the high bost option doesnt give you any more hp it raises the torque going into the front wheels. i got mine rolling roaded when it was pretty standard and i got the same reading in high and lo boost for both readings but the difference in torque was much more. so yes low boost will save petrol and is less strenuous on the turbo but removing the restriction on a glanza is a worth wile thing to do lol

High is 0.6 bar/9 psi and low is 0.4 bar/6 psi. I removed my restriction as soon as I found out about it and it seemed to come on a bit quicker and a lot stronger - gave a touch more boost too. It's a worth while thing to do because as the others have said you can just drive sensibly when you're not in the mood. . .

Kev

yeh it gives you slightly more boost removing this option cause only one pipe going into the actuator spools the turbo up a tad bit quicker

oh and to be precise i believe its low=0.45 bar high=0.65 bar lol

Kev

i member reading how to lose the restriction.. but lost the page.. you happen to know where is it do ya pal ?

Just wondering why you have your postcode for your location....not a good idea mate :p

Back on topic, if you look at your engine bay in the front left corner near the drivers headlight is the boost solenoid. You will see 2 vacuum hoses simply take one end of each hoses and swap where they came from. In effect if you look at it they will just be looped to the same part then hence no more high/lo boost.

do you notice the diference in petrol atall when its on low instead of high?

To be honest i haven't really tried.. my car is really good on petrol if its in high or low.. but i will be doing a test sometime to recognize if its better high

or low... but what i do know.. HIGH is much more fun lol