CT9 @ 1 bar = 180+hp with supporting mods

TD04 @ 1 bar = 200+hp with the same supporting mods :unsure:

Obviosuly being alarger turbo there will be more lag on the TD04 but once she is spooled it will pull alot harder and hold boost better to teh redline

yeh as lew said td04 produces more power and better top end boost while the ct9 will be on its boost limit at 1 bar but kicks in straight away. if we bring a hybrid in that will be better spool and can be set to 1.2 bar on standard internals though and will give you 200-220bhp with supporting mods though

i have to get a td04 after watching that lol..

i dont want to go over 1bar im happy with that..and just out of curiosity what would be the expected bhp with suporting mods if i was to run one at .8 bar?

what else would i need to run at 1bar..

turbo

mani

downpipe

water and oil lines

fcd

should i get biger injectors and if so size?

ive got a fpr just havnt fiited it as i have no need as my engine will be standard.

You will need an actuator to control the boost or external wastegate and the correct manifold.

If you go for the actuator option you will need a half size radiator as the stock rad will be in the way.

Ditch the FCD and FPR and get a piggy back ECU (or standalone if fund allow) then get it mapped.

sure its posted somewhere by Geo:

for every 1bar of boost added, it will give you an additional 100bhp, generally speaking, dependent on various factors, but just roughly...

so 0.7 should give an increase of 70bhp...

is this right lads??

Very interesting read =]

Just to sum up, is there anything else i would with this setup to be running 180 mark?

Catback

Mani

Decat

Hks filter

Rx7 tmic

Emanage Blue

hks actuator/fcd/uprated fueling?

With these mods and a good map, will i be running around 180?

with a mani, decat and cat back, relocated air filter to the front, plug and play/emanage ecu, actuator set to 1 bar and a fmic you'll hit 180 easy dude

When i bought my rx7 tmic, i read they would be good for 200bhp. So with the spec you listed, but replacing the fmic with the rx7 one, still reach 180 matey?

hope this helps

sorry that video is so flawed i remember the two guys gee and the guy that was racing even saying it was biased. becuase of the spec. the 82 was not running a bar.

a tdo4 at..7bar out of its efficiency range and would come across as laggy,

if i had to pic between the two at one bar id pic a hybrid ct9 every time

obviusly theres alot more potential for more power with a tdo4 but then forging comes into the equiation, i take it your going down that route,

my advice to you when speking the turbo is find out how much power you are after then find the turbo aplication that best suites that power goal :)

answering your question though you should be ok at that pressure on stock fualing but it would be advised to get a fualing check done to make sure at the time

id forge your old engine and get everything built up outside the car including the td04 etc and for now just run your standard ct9 on your current car. for the sake of 0.7 bar of boost a td04 wont be able to perform to the high boost pressures its designed for

just seems to be a bit of a waste running the td04 at 0.7 bar when the ct9's well capable of performing much better and quicker at this pressure lol