Dump Valve Experts Help Please!

right basically il try and be short lol, i got a used dv today, fitted it to my car and instead of the short and sweet psshttt!! it goes psssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for about a second and a half, its a blitz ss type with screw on top so methinks the spring or whatevers too soft allowing it to stay open longer, well i wind in the adjuster screw a bit at a time andits either same or acts like it has no dv on it ie turbo chatter. i had the same dv on my old glanza no worries, only thing diferent is this ones got front intercooler and dv is on the pipe right near the inlet now and its got fancy headers with external gate, other was standard car, will this make a diference??? now i have come to the conclusion

1- the dump valves fooked!

2- the fmic makes it a diferent pitch?

3- the pipe front dv to inlet is too big bore? (6mm)

any other sugestions as its a really gay long chavy pssshhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttt, i thought the screw on end of dv is for making it stay open or shut longer/shorter etc but this one dont make a dif, also you can screw it in by hand like theres no force on it at all, shall i split the dv and see it a springs actually in there ? help!!!!!! cheers :)

i know dude but the adjuster on the dv seems to do nothing the more i adjust it then it will then act if just closed off, no adjustment it seems either open easy or shut, do you reckon the dv if fubard then? because i thought you adjust it bit by bit till you get it where you want, at mo it opens at 0 psi on my gauge lol...... my last dv was sweet same make and it dumped around 4 psi with a short burst, this fooker sounds properly gay and has like a wet fart sound for few seconds, like the spring aint hard enough or sumink it dont shut off quick enough, wonders if the fmic makes a diff as aint had one on a glanza before. doing my sweed in as be messing wth it last hour adjusting bit by bit. :)

do you want dump or chatter from it. if you want chatter take the dv off it will chatter more. you can try checking the springs not fooked but different cars sifferent setups means different dumping noises

i was with a lad other week who had a 220bhp starlet and it dumped well different to mine and think he had the same dv as me lol

the blitz SS valves are simple as feck mate. its a hole, with a piston in and a spring.

can you press the piston in with your finger? if you can it isnt jammed.

its just trial and error, i had about 3 or 4 mm of thread showing when i had one on my old starb.

then i get rid of them, as i realised BOVs are for gayboys ^^

ive got same dv on my other glanza, i changed therm over and hey presto fine, the adjuster on my other one works fine, the further in you screw the higher up the psi it will dump, this other one aint doing shit, it eithers open at low psi or shut ie chatter when nearly fully in, i took it apart and it looks well worn inside, good old ebay :) id leave the chatter but i tune engines for a living and not a fan of compressor surge :) lol

You could open the two up and compare springs. Your new one may have a weaker spring (less coils or smaller wire diameter)

You could add a spacer to the adjustment end to assist spring compression if the spring is too weak.

I have the same trouble with a Sheepdog BOV and I think the spring rate is too high.