hi guys been looking through all the topics i can find but i have a issue with my car, i blew the headgasket and have done that with a kit from toyota,

have re fitted everything and have issues running, the car will only run if i fully retard the dizzy and when it does then run it only revs up to arround 4k before missfiring so it wont rev any more.

i intially thought that i had timed it up wrong on the belt but i can put a pin in the hole by 4e and my line is alighned, and the dot on the crank is alighned with the point on the oil pump.. then i removed the plugs and put 2 bits of weilding wire down 1+4 then 3+4 showing them to be where there supposed to be leaving me very confused..

so my question would be does anyone have any idea's?

the only thing i can think of next is removing the rocker cover and seeing if i have got the inlet cam in the right position but im sure that can only be alighned in one place but never had a picture so cant be sure?

anyway cheers for any ideas given

24112009205.jpg

24112009206.jpg

24112009207.jpg

24112009208.jpg

24112009209.jpg

24112009210.jpg

24112009211.jpg

thats what it is set up like and runs and starts like that but only up to arround 4k rpm,

if the dizzy is lighned up with the line so bout half a cm arround then it does not run.

but as far as i can see the marks are all alighned?

any ideas?

Had my cambelt changed a month or so ago, and had hardly any power. Got it checked by my dad and it was ever, ever so slightly out!He adjusted the dizzy and had the same problem as yours.

I'm not too good on the technical words, but when the top pully is tightened, the bottom one would ever so slightly adjust ( if you understand) and puttin it out of time..or that just happened on mine.need a pair of hands gripping that bottom pulley if so.

or maybe your marking is slightly out?

hope that helps, in some undetailed way.lol :lol: