Dastek Unichip

just baught 1 of these for the glanza but ive heard nothing but bad things about dasteks mappers, does anyone know of anyone else who can do it? also anyone using 1 can you shed any light on it. i know it offers just about the same features as emb.

was hoping to have it mapped with the new hybrid next week but im having second thoughts now

I've heard nothing but bad things from the guys in dalgeity bay in fife. im having second thoughts with the dastek, how long have you been running ures?

I've heard seriously bad things about these guys too man, i would play it safe and get a ecu man. My mates have built some quick cars and went down to london to get it mapped rather than dastek touching it :p

I've heard good things about Russel at wallace performance in aberdeen.

Although what ecu do you recommend then if you don't rate dastek? As most people don't really need a standalone ecu really.

i dont think ther is a problem with the piggyback i think its just the mappers to be honest. can russel map dastek?

they are a dastek dealer and russel probably has mapped them a few times I would bet.

Never dealt with him myself, but my mate used to work there and when I was there, he seemed clued up and a very decent chap. And another guy I know who does like rallying or something like that used to have an ax that won it's class also says he knows his shit like.

nah sorry mate, but wallace do have a website, although speaking to russel himself can be quite hard as he's always busy.

I'm not totally sure if he has had experience with starlets before to be honest, the person I spoke to on the phone said they had but saying it and it being true can be very different from my experience unfortunately.

I've been speaking with a few well knowen companys the last couple of days and they have been arguing with me saying blitz and jam ecus can be remapped and some other companies telling me to go for an omex system or somthing and 1 idiot was talking about a hybrid i had rebuilt and he said japanese turbos cantr be rebuilt as yoiu cant balance them 1ce theyv been opened haha

and these guys wanted to map my car lol

they all sound like complete nuggets to be fair haha!, there are good people out there... have you spoke to ricky@ racetech? he must be kinda close see what he can do for you... also you got people like nick jones at tuning developments, he can map the shit out of a emb! these are the people you need to be looking up :p

it's werth the travel for something so important :p

they all sound like complete nuggets to be fair haha!, there are good people out there... have you spoke to ricky@ racetech? he must be kinda close see what he can do for you... also you got people like nick jones at tuning developments, he can map the shit out of a emb! these are the people you need to be looking up :p

it's werth the travel for something so important :p

i know mate, its just finding some1 who can map dastek. i was originally going to fit my greddy bcc and rrfpr and may still do so but the dastek was a cheap option that came up and seems to have worked well with a few starlets running decent power I've found while searching on here and tgtt.

emb would be my ideal choice but I've spent a lot of money the last few weeks and with xmas around the corner i cant afford to spend much more on the car

have asked nick, or ricky if they can map dastek? ricky seems to be able to map a wide range of ecu's so might have some software to map one up... even though he may not be a dealer if that makes sence.

keep looking and if you cant find any good people to map the dastek my advice would be wait save some money and go emb and get that mapped.