Toyota/honda Apprenticeships

Eh up everyone, well after much thinking and stuff I kinda took a long shot and checked their sites to see if they offered such a thing and turns out they do! It's something I'd personally love I think and need some direction going in my life, so was wondering if anyone else has been or currently is an apprentice for either Toyota or Honda? Was just looking some advice and insider info.

Many thanks!

Chris :thumbsup:

Gary I'd be interested in details too, just general running and what it involves - I tried applying to an apprenticeship but I'm apparently overqualified having only done a Foundation Degree in Engineering, but I want to start working up some experience now

It's not Toyota or Honda but I left school at 16 and signed up to a vauxhall apprenticeship, I've finished and qualified recently but for me I love cars and everything don't get me wrong but I wish they were just a hobby rather than a job, I think I spend to much time around them,

You might love it but I'm just giving you my point of view :p

Right guys,

I've spoken to my lecturer as I'm at college just now and he says that the only way to get on this scheme is to be employed by a toyota dealership,

It's an expensive course, like 30k to train me for 3 years an I come to Nottingham science park to the toyota academy for two week blocks every 3 or 4 months,

The training is excellent as are the facilities,

I can post a few pictures up of the place

Any more questions just ask

Cheers

Gary

Right guys,

I've spoken to my lecturer as I'm at college just now and he says that the only way to get on this scheme is to be employed by a toyota dealership,

It's an expensive course, like 30k to train me for 3 years an I come to Nottingham science park to the toyota academy for two week blocks every 3 or 4 months,

The training is excellent as are the facilities,

I can post a few pictures up of the place

Any more questions just ask

Cheers

Gary

Gary do you know micheal graves?

He works at the Toyota dealership across from me and I know he trains at that centre in Nottingham.

Do you stay in the gateway hotel?

I stayed there during my blocks at college and there was always a load of Toyota lads there.

Dale.

@ Gary...

I'm not sure what year he's in he might be qualified by now, he was on our bus on a morning along with loads of other Toyota lads and we used to drop them off at a centre in nottingham unsure of the name but can remember it having crazy shaped building and mad colours on the outside. :wub:

it's crazy some of the cars they have at training centres we had vx220 chopped in half and that lol

How would i get into something like this?

Im sick of my dead end job to be honest and want a job where i will come out with something...

How do i apply, through toyota? through a college?

Any advice appriciated :wub:

It seems nowadays you have to find the apprenticeship on your own accord, but once you do you can apply for an apprenticeship course at a college - being in Oxfordshire you're lucky Liam, you have OCVC (Oxford Cherwell Valley College) and Tresham Motorsport College (Silverstone) quite near you; I have a friend that got an apprenticeship via Prodrive (I pointed him to it) which his college were hosting, but it seems now you have to find the job on your own, rather than the College providing anything

I think i'm gonna just go for the Honda one as it seems Toyota one is only for people aged 16-18. Another little thing is worrying me though, it seems they don't offer any form of apprenticeship through the company themselves over here in Northern Ireland, either that or there just aren't any vacancies it seems. Would rather go to the company and get the apprenticeship than go to a college.

I actually got my place at a collage before I got my aprentiship. It took me absolutly ages to find one and the collage didn't help me find a place. I guess I'm lucky getting one these days