Noise Coming From My Engine Bit Worried

Guest cheshireglanza

Guest cheshireglanza

i started my car today and its making a noise like if the fan belt was loose but took it to garage on the way to work and they have told me that the belt is tight could it be the water pump or the turbo its not over heating and its boosting ok but when i rev the egine it gets loud any help thanks :thumbsup:

does it stop?

its probably just a bit of water on the belt.

mine used to do it quite alot in the winter months. as soon as its warm it goes away.

when turbos go, they make a real high pitch noise before making smoke bombs out of the exhaust ;] so it isnt that.

water pumps mate a scratching/scraping noise. but its not really very loud when it does it.

Guest cheshireglanza
does it stop?

its probably just a bit of water on the belt.

mine used to do it quite alot in the winter months. as soon as its warm it goes away.

when turbos go, they make a real high pitch noise before making smoke bombs out of the exhaust ;] so it isnt that.

water pumps mate a scratching/scraping noise. but its not really very loud when it does it.

no mate its there all the time warm and cold might try putting new belt on it

A trick that I sometimes use is,

If the noise is still there get some silicone spray or moly grease ( not copper) and either spray or run a light film on the belt, if the noise goes away it's the belt

Mines was bad for squeeling when rain was bad

Hope it helps

Gary

Guest cheshireglanza

^^ its sounds like the fan belt has got wet or losse but i have had belt checked and it cant be wet cause it says in a garagr over night but when u rev it gets loud sounds like a diesal car at min :thumbsup:

doesnt matter if it stays in a garage all night lol the rain wont get to it when its stood still will be puddles etc

id change the alternator belt and power steering belt just to make sure

mine was squeeling its tits off checked it and there was a slight power steering leak which had got on the belt, changed the belt and it was fine

then 2 days later a volvo hit me......but for them 2 days there was no noise :thumbsup: