Right guys,

When I went from 2nd to 3rd It feels like its hitting a wall and coming back off (makes a weird clicking/grinding noise) and wont engage into 3rd without a little encouragement.

Now the other day I went to drop it down from 4th to 3rd, made that weird noise again and wouldnt let me in gear.

From that occasion, I am no longer allowed 4th gear...it wont go in at all.

Coming from 3rd to second it also occasionally makes the funky noise but slips in unlike in 3rd, where it feels like it wants to play buckaroo with me and kick me out.

I've been told its the Syncro's but Im not 100% convinced? If so, does anyone so kindly have the part numbers or know exacty what parts I need?

Any advice is welcome,

Daz

• 4 weeks later...

Hi There, If you need any help or work on the gearbox doing give us a shout, sounds like the Syncros are badly worn but depending how bad it has gone you may have damaged gears.

Kind Regards,

Nick Jones

Tuning Developments LTD

TuningDevelopments@Hotmail.com

www.TuningDevelopments.co.uk

Hi There, If you need any help or work on the gearbox doing give us a shout, sounds like the Syncros are badly worn but depending how bad it has gone you may have damaged gears.

Kind Regards,

Nick Jones

Tuning Developments LTD

I fink I had the same problem but now mine wont go in any gear when the car is switched on even though I put the clutch in. but when I turn the car off it goes in gear but it takes a bit of time gettin into second. I think Im going to need a new gearbox or will it be the clutch?

• 3 weeks later...
I fink I had the same problem but now mine wont go in any gear when the car is switched on even though I put the clutch in. but when I turn the car off it goes in gear but it takes a bit of time gettin into second. I think Im going to need a new gearbox or will it be the clutch?

Hi There,

It could be either causing the problem, if your able to get the car over to us we can have a look and diagnose the fault for you and quote from there on whats needed.

Drop us a PM or Email at TuningDevelopments@hotmail.com

Kind Regards,

Nick Jones

Tuning Developments LTD