basically i have infinity 6x9s on the rear shelf of my gt, my dash speakers dont work and the infintys just dont have the punch i want as there only linked to the cd player not an amp. what sort of stuff are you dudes running minus subs as i dont want to go down that route. also door speakers are kind of out of the question due to not having the optional speaker cards. what are you running need some inspiration

i know you say you dont want a sub, but i recently blew my amp on my sub, and all i have been runnin is the 4" speakers at the font and some alpine 6x9's in the shelf, runnin off the head unit not an amp.......and i have to say its not the same as having a sub, it just makes me want to have a sub more... but even if you dont like a subwoofer and think its chavy, it does its job in providing bass! no car is complete without decent highs (tweeters) decent mids (normal 6" speakers or 6x9's) and decent lows (bass, ie subwoofer)

you dont have to get a big 1....just get a decent powered 8" 1 and you'll notice the diffrence

Anup

i have a 15" monster, and really gives alot of deepness to the car, and even at high volume you cant really here it outside, as much as you would think honestly!!

as long as you dont play chavvy music and turn the bass up ridiculusly high then its not chavvy at all

A good set up for a starlet imo would be decent 4" speakers up front with an 8" sub in the rear all powered by a 4 channel amp. Or if you dont want a sub then you should look into midrange speakers. 6x9s are crap imo.

my problem is im not pulling the dash out my car to fit 1 speaker as the other is a 5 minute job. but the 6x9's are already in the shelf ad theyre decent enough but id like them to be a little deeper and louder. i was thinking tweeters also on the a pillar plastics but again id rather have something up front aswel as them. and I've had subs in the past and in my other gt's and theyre nothing but bother as the boot floor isnt flat so it moves about and i cant be bothered cutting up mdf again to make a floor that still doesnt sit right. i was thinking of a decent amp to amp all speakers, screwed to the rear seats so i can still have the boot space and maybe stealth shelf the rear. just not having door speaker pods is rather annoying lol

Sub is a must IMHO i have a vibe 10" its like a house (weighs ALOT has its own separate amp aswell) looking to get something like this soon........

http://www.clarendoncarradio.co.uk/images/...s_wx22a_lrg.jpg

or

http://www.clarendoncarradio.co.uk/images/...s_wx11a_lrg.jpg (prefer this)

or

http://www.forum307.com/upload/vignettes/drzeng/3tui8xq.jpg