Running At 1.1-1.2 Bar

Hi all,

I currenty running a tong hybrid @ 1 bar on a forged engine (low comp) using a FPR.

Now would be safe to tune it to 1.1-1.2bar of boost using a FPR ?

I made a thread over the tgtt site and got some mixed opinions.

Whats ya thoughts ?

hi mate, hows the tubby running?

its not the most acurate form of controlling the fualling but if you get a fpr set up correctly it can be quite effective cheap and easy way of making power.

by wacking up the fual pressure this can lead to bore wash on an a setup thats eather out of tune or not setup correctly.

but if you check the net and on here there are a few bigger powered starlets that have ran this setup with that boost on bigger turbos with no issues.

hi mate, hows the tubby running?

its not the most acurate form of controlling the fualling but if you get a fpr set up correctly it can be quite effective cheap and easy way of making power.

by wacking up the fual pressure this can lead to bore wash on an a setup thats eather out of tune or not setup correctly.

but if you check the net and on here there are a few bigger powered starlets that have ran this setup with that boost on bigger turbos with no issues.

HI Enzo..

So far so good matey!

So basically its not ideal but its possible and can be safe if AFR is right throughout the rev range?

So basically its not ideal but its possible and can be safe if AFR is right throughout the rev range?

basicaly yes that simple answer you wrote in one line :angry2:

who do you get to set up your fpr?

basicaly yes that simple answer you wrote in one line :angry2:

who do you get to set up your fpr?

I have used SPC horsham 2 times but i'm going to go with Hayes engineering which is 10minutes from this time recommended by starlet owners.

As soon as i get my walbro pump i think im going to go there and see what they can achieve by upping the boost nd see if its safe.

I also got a full system now and a gizmo boost controller so hopefully theres a nice difference in hp since last time (186 @ 1bar)

would i be able to get a copy of your dyno graph please?

You have posted it with all the other graphs on the results for the "gt spec" dude.

Unless you wanted it for another reason here it is again

DSC02405.jpg

thanx mate, sorry thought it was a different result..

at paul, to your answer aye i run 1.1 bar daily on my red v reliably wiht an uber rich map up top to flame.

thats ok.. i wil sure post an update when i go get another rr done!