Gay Hids

I bought some HIDs plug n play stuff. Ok so i connected them and when i turned them on the high beam turns on (halogen) but not the stupid HIDs i took the halogen bulb out completly and put the positive of the hid there but they still don't want to turn on, i come to my room and give it 9 volts and they begin to flicker?

WTF is happening? I have told the people i got them from, so they said they will post replacement bulbs in within 24 hours? I have a feeling it's not the HIDs but the cars wiring is different? i dunno

What do you people think.

when i wired up my HiD's with the seperate ballasts all i can say is it was an absolute joke to be honest

obviously you need to check for when there is a +ve for sidelights and then +ve for main beam and so on etc, but when i toggled to main beam, i found that no matter what, i always had a positive, even if the switch was on or off :thumbsup:

so in end after much debate i wired them permanently off the sidelights - stupid i know as the wiring is not sufficient and so on...

but now since ive had them on constantly during the past 3/4 months, the switch has went open circuit on me - and now needing a new headlight stalk :D

all i can suggest is that its not the HiD's mate and a wiring diagram off someone would be immensely appreciated for you and me both :D

Hmm. Can't really come up with anything.

Providing what you've said sounds like my old kit. Whensoever I put the full beam on I would get a flick from the H4 HID, it would kick in at full beam but not for long. So one night I attempted to keep flashing to see if it would self-fix - sure enough it didn't. In the same scenario I would flash people to give them way and busted 4 HID bulbs. I learnt to live without full beam (they were bright regardless). I put it down to my £130 HID kit. The popping/HI HID's are a failure - mate gets same problem even though his cost twice as much.

My advice would be to ditch them and get proper bulbs - can't stress enough how good of a bulb these are:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PHILIPS-H4-X-TREME-P...=item56389164a1

Edit: The 9v flicker is dude to inadequate power

i'll try messing about with the wiring to see if the actaull positive from the car is going to positive on the hids etc.

so does anyone have a wiring diagram for headlights?

Ditch em, there not legal what ever anyone says they wern`t made for our cars if anyone comes up behind me with them on and cause glare/blind me i just chase them the fuck down full beam ftw!! dont care what anyone says clear lense this and quad light projector that (also i dont think the quad light has the right projector) dipped or high.....save your money/time/headache get uprated headlight bulbs............im shopping around for some atm :thumbsup:

dont run off sidelights mate!!

will knacker the switch at some point because you are effectively running more current from the switch that is only meant to be for sidelights so has a sidelight rating

you can do what you are saying, but you would need an inline fuse on the +ve for safety obviously that would have to be about 1 amp or so more than the current the HiD's are drawing...

the only problem is that without a wiring diagram you are blind to know what else that switch for the headlights may be doing within the wiring loom

take care with it if you do decide any of the options

they do plug into the 3 pin connector, but they don't turn on lol. On my set there is a HID bulb and a small halogen bulb that is used for the high beam. what mine does is, the halogen bulb turns on when i switch my lights on and when i flash my lights or use highbeam they swtich off. So all in all the hid bulbs don't kick in atall lol?

exactly as the one in the picture

HID-Xenon-Bulb-H4-L-Xenon-H-Halogen-.jpg

sorry bud but im off, but all i can say quicly is it sounds like the balast itself dont have its own feeds, they dont like to earth out well, makes no odds if its wired up right the halogen one will light up, put the ballast feed and earth to the batt see what you get then mate

ok. THey do work now. This is what i did for future referance.

there are 3 pins

The verticle lines represent the connectors. Get a hair pin or slamm thin screw drive to prop out the pins on the HID kit and swap them to how it is described.

..................................................................| (black wire,(Earth))

..........Red Wire for Highbeam goes here|.....|(Headlights) Red wire from HID bulb goes here

I had to wire it like this, i'll do a better pic when i get home if i remember.

Other Cars May Vary

:thumbsup: