Fault code 22

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll be checking it out this morning. Haven't had too much time to do anything over the last week or so.

The Red Beast is my other car. It's a 1990 MkII MR2 GT Turbo that at the moment is undergoing some rather serious modifications. If you want to know more about it, check out this link...

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php...718&start=0

Looks awesome mate fair play :lol:

Cheers Sparky. It will be when it's finished.

Back to the matter in hand though.

As far as I can see, the only "sensor" for the coolant is the temp probe going into the thermostat housing, or am I way off the mark here? The temp guage works fine. :D

by the way. Fitted a set of PI -40 lowering springs to the EP this weekend. What a transformation! It goes round corners like its on rails now! Can't wait to get some decent rubber and alloys on it now. :lol:

Cheers guys,

EarL.

Ok, this is starting to do my head in now.

The EMS light is still coming on intermittently, givving a code 22 fault. The fault says its a CTS fault showing a short ciurcuit or open circuit.

The only sensor I can find relating to the coolant temperature is the one wired to the temp guage and that's located in the thermostat housing on the right hand side of the engine as you look at it.

The problem is getting worse as the car is now starting to splutter and cough in traffic, suggesting that it's getting too hot, yet the guage is showing a normal reading.

Any ideas guys?

Have you tried another thermostat, just out of interest?

If the thermostat or THW isn't seeing any temp signal then the ecu will be overfuelling to compensate which will possibly explain the "splutter and cough" problems you've described.

PB.

Cheers bud,

Sounds a plausable enough explination, and I'll certainly check it out, but as I've explained, the temperature guage reads normally. Surely if the temp sender was faulty, the guage would read incorrectly?

Maybe I'm wrong... ;)

Cheers bud,

Sounds a plausable enough explination, and I'll certainly check it out, but as I've explained, the temperature guage reads normally. Surely if the temp sender was faulty, the guage would read incorrectly?

Maybe I'm wrong... ;)

Mate, if I could jump on a plane now I'd probably have it sorted quickly. Problem for the both of us I cannot do that so we just have to work through a process of elimination.

It'll get figured out EarL, just may take longer since I can't see the car in question. ;)

Cheers,

PB.

Mate, if I could jump on a plane now I'd probably have it sorted quickly. Problem for the both of us I cannot do that so we just have to work through a process of elimination.

It'll get figured out EarL, just may take longer since I can't see the car in question. ;)

Cheers,

PB.

Cheers for the help dude. ;)

Perhaps you can tell me where the actual sensor in question is? Or are we just talking about the one in the thermostat housing on the right side of the engine as you look at it?

I'll be checking this out on Thursday, so I'll let you know the outcome. ;)

Thanks again,

EarL.