Right, just in need of a quick question. Those of you guys that are running an RX7 top mount intercooler, how are you managing to trap the air onto the cooler ? As i`ve heard enzo stating that the rubber surround under the bonnet obviously is`nt big enough to cover the bigger RX7 cooler ? Any info...

you wana keep it on the standard as that channels the air straight onto and through the tmic.

ive gota rx7 on mine, im gona do a step by step soon on modding the rubber seal so it fits the rx7 one nicely, keep your eyes open for the post.

kool, ide take a look at that.

i use an rx7 cooler, dont use any of the old covers or seals, still alot better than the oem top mount

when i put my rx7 on, my boost went from 0.8 to 0.88 bar straight away, with out hsaving the air flow right yet.

i just need a little bit longer rubber hose first to sit the i.c straight then im gona have a go at adapting the origional rubber seal tio fit the rx7 one. :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

personally i left the seal on mine, of course it won't cover the full width of the intercooler, but i figure you really need to direct and force the air onto it and through, not give it an alternative path, i'e down the sides.

removing the rubber seal seems somewhat folly to me, the duct on top is not large enough and removing the seal will still not make it so, only adapting the seal is the way ahead , i'm intrigued to see to see this mod now.