Alloy Wheel Refurbs (diy)

I am currently refurbing some wheels i bought off luke on here (thanks again!!) i have filled the kurb marks in and sanded and its nearly perfect, i have got ethching primer to cover the imperfections ect, what i want to know is do people just sand the primer smooth then with a 600 grit? or do people sand it down and then apply normal primer aswell as the etching primer? many thanks steve!!

I am currently refurbing some wheels i bought off luke on here (thanks again!!) i have filled the kurb marks in and sanded and its nearly perfect, i have got ethching primer to cover the imperfections ect, what i want to know is do people just sand the primer smooth then with a 600 grit? or do people sand it down and then apply normal primer aswell as the etching primer? many thanks steve!!

rough coat of etch, then a wet coat of etch. sand, spray,sand,spray,sand, 2K laquer or Petrol resistance laquer 2-3coats.

AS for the sanding, i would start rough then finish on the last coat of paint using 1200 ?

job done!