I've bought a CT9 Hybrid tongs turbo about month or so.

im getting alot of rattling it from the turbo, whats happening is when im pressed the noisy peddle hard then release it it rattles like made and goes when i out my toe down again,

i believe its the waste gate, how do i stop this annoying noise.

cheers :p

im getting alot of rattling it from the turbo, whats happening is when im pressed the noisy peddle hard then release it it rattles like made and goes when i out my toe down again,

i had same problem. tighten actuator up n its fine. its because theres a small amount of play in the wastegate arm n penny(the round washer ting) attatched to the end.

need the wastegate arm under pressure. i'm running .5 on actuator n then manual bc.

hope this helps

craig

Give Enzo a pm mate he will sort you out. I've  had no problems with mine touch wood. Did you buy it brand new/second hand ?

i beleive on all turbo cars it would do it. not just on tong turbo. if your actuator isn't holding wastegate closed properly it would vibrate off boost right? nothing but big ups for tongs. made me 162 at .6

i had same problem. tighten actuator up n its fine. its because theres a small amount of play in the wastegate arm n penny(the round washer ting) attatched to the end.

need the wastegate arm under pressure. i'm running .5 on actuator n then manual bc.

hope this helps

craig

thanks that does maake sense but if i tighten the actuator up it over boosts, and im using a hdi 2stage electric boost controller, which im having problem getting the boost down.

Give Enzo a pm mate he will sort you out. I've had no problems with mine touch wood. Did you buy it brand new/second hand ?

got it brand spanking new, ill pm him if i cant get it the noise to stop

emm sure its not just chatter ? or does it continue to do it until you accelerate again ?

EDIT : guess not since someone else has same problem :lol:

no not chatter its a rattle noise :p

i beleive on all turbo cars it would do it. not just on tong turbo. if your actuator isn't holding wastegate closed properly it would vibrate off boost right? nothing but big ups for tongs. made me 162 at .6

yer i think your right mate i will have to play around with it abit more :p