as above. noticed my car was holdin back a bit so get to my gfs and open the bonnet and noticed the coolant bottle hose was jammed under the bonnet so took that out and took it for a drive and it seemed to not hold back but dunno if thats even related but when i got back to look under the bonmnet again there is coolant on the rad at the bottom so im loosing coolant somewhere.

also while i was out drivin it i noticed the temp needle starts jumpin up and down like nearly all the way to cold then back to where it was when i take my foot off again. hope im making sense.

hope its nothing serious and i hope my rads ok.

help would be good folks. would like to know before i have to drive to work in the morning.

Russell

I had the exact same thing wrong with mine for about a month, the needle bouncing too. Never knew what it was but it just disappeared after a month and never happened again. I didn't lose any coolant though so your problem could be a little more serious.

Bourkey

i hope its that. because i did just notice that my coolant bottle is low so i suppose it could have sucked in a bit air if its too low. i dont wanna get my hopes up. think ill go home tonight drivin carefully and empty my rad and fill it and bleed it again and keep an eye on it and see if it helps the problem.

well i bled the system which had a shit tonne of air in it. not sure how this is but the expantion bottle was empty so dunno if it was drawing in air from there.

as for the needle i changed the temp sensor for the one on the other car and it doesnt go mental anymore alkthough it does still drop a bit when i put the foot down. gonna get a couple sensors from toyota to replace the old ones.

i think my rad is ok and gonna put the coolant on it down to the air in the system.

gary can you pm me your number because i was gonna text ya before i put this up but realised i dont have your number. if it persists to be dodgy after changin some bits ill take a visit to your workshop.

thats how mines started out mate, my water pump has been leaking and thats where my water and coolant has been going. it was just a tiny leak my needle was bouncing around as u explained and my HG has let go. its getting done this weekend. altho im just starting to get some smoke now and a missfire in higher revs.