Smoking problem on my ep91 glanza . The turbo boosts fine but it is munching oil and blue smoking from the exhaust system . It doesnt look like rings but i could be wrong . If anyone knows any comon faults with the ct9b or of the 4efte engine has comon faults . I will be honest i havnt got alot of knowledge in the starlets .

Im just worried if i could get some advice or anything i should check out that wiuld be awsome .

I also sometimes get a high pitched whining noise on hight boost also a aftermarket adjustable actuator has been fitted and the poor little ct9b has been boosting to 12psi from what i have been told they dont have a long life boosting at that pressure ?

Thanks

Matt . crossfade

Smoking problem on my ep91 glanza . The turbo boosts fine but it is munching oil and blue smoking from the exhaust system . It doesnt look like rings but i could be wrong . If anyone knows any comon faults with the ct9b or of the 4efte engine has comon faults . I will be honest i havnt got alot of knowledge in the starlets .

Im just worried if i could get some advice or anything i should check out that wiuld be awsome .

I also sometimes get a high pitched whining noise on hight boost also a aftermarket adjustable actuator has been fitted and the poor little ct9b has been boosting to 12psi from what i have been told they dont have a long life boosting at that pressure ?

Thanks

Matt . crossfade

oil seals on turbo probably gone and and allowing oil to pass through them. check your turbo to intercoler pipe, if theres alot of oil then seals have gone. also if dump valve is spitting oil thats a sign of turbo going i believe.

12 psi shouldnt be much of a problem tbh. 14.5 psi (1 bar) is where you start to reduce the little ct9's life so ive heard.

other smoking could be caused by

*worn piston rings as you said (checking compression would be a good idea)

*pcv valve blocked

*valve stem seals gone (try taking the car for a drive, pick up some speed and drop it down a gear and let it slow down with engine braking, if it smokes more when you do this then valve stem seals will be bad.)

*head gasket (check for mayo looking gunge round oil filler cap)

quite a few possiblities to be honest and lots of ways of testing. search on here theres loads.