Misfire/jerking In Low Revs

hey guys,

its been a real while since ive posted on here and been able to do much to my ep, but im in some urgent need of assitance from u guru's.

the last couple of months my engine management light keeps comin on the dashboard and when it does the engine develops what feels like a misfire. when im in low revs it keeps tryin to cut out on me and if im tryin to pull away it jerks like mad until i get some revs. when im movin its fine but im really startin to get annoyed with it now and need to get it fixed asap. i wud ave done it sooner but bein a tax dodging student doesnt allow me to afford alot,

Jase

Revving or misfiring/jumping problems I've experienced are most likely spark plugs, timing, ht leads, distributor or an electrical problem.

Try the easy visual checks like a loose/damaged ht (spark plug) lead and it might be time to change the plugs.

Its all about a process of elimination. Timing is especially worth checking as is the timing belt or other belts.

Alternator/starter motor can also be a culprit as are loose vaccum hoses/earth leads on inlet manifolds.

Also check your accelerator cable and surrounding throttle/inlet sensors.

Sometimes these problems just crop up out of nowhere, I know the feeling.

Hope this helps and wish you get the bottom of it.

Joz