Unsure About Glanza Swap

Hey fowks,

Thought i'd post up here and say hi, i'm a bit out of my depth when it comes to jap cars (french diehard you see. 1x pug, 4x saxo's and a corsa you see :o ) so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have signed up and read some of the very useful buyers info on this site as i've been offered a glanza as a swap for my corsa redtop. The redtop is my daily, have a mint vts for when the sun shines so dont want to get rid of the corsa and end up with a ragged glanza....

Thing thats bothering me most really is that the current owner hasn't had the car long (the old ad is still on pistonheads!) but due to his gf changing jobs he said he needs a car with interior and wants another corsa. My Corsa isnt anything special to look at and they demand lower prices than a good glanza anyway, but he's offering a straight swap so basically valuing(sp) his glanza at £2k. This is just higher than the lowest priced ones on all of pistonheads :D Odd since i'm sure he said over £3k for the Glanza.

Does anyone recognise the glanza i'm on about? I'm guessing it was from the Fife area (12 miles from Kirkcaldy anyway) before but the boy wanting to swap me has it up in Aberdeen now.

Thanks for any help in advance

P.s. Before it gets mentioned, if i was to swap my corsa for it then the front bumper exit exhaust will be the first to go :D

its very nice & anythings better than a corsa..

worst comes to worst mate if the engine is DEAD... £400-£500 will see you a nice new low mile'd one..

id accept the straight swap and take from what you can.. hell you could sell bits off the car if you couldnt afford the engine!!!

but that is one minted clean white V!

the front exit exhaust is impressive and very different i wouldnt change that mate... gives it a bit of difference... i like it.

its very nice & anythings better than a corsa..

:D haha! good point, the corsa is fun but bloody noisy with ahh the vibration/solid mounts. Makes my vts feel like a Rolls!

the front exit exhaust is impressive and very different i wouldnt change that mate... gives it a bit of difference... i like it.

It may grow on me, but think i'll get a new front bumper and tidy up the hole as its not been cut quite right first time :o

The engine bays clean and just a general tidy up should see it good to go anyway. Going up to see it on friday so will pos up with how i get on

that was going about my bit in fife awhile ago! Were is it located? It has vauxhall ismher alloys on it lol

its up in aberdeen somewhere the now

and a will take the exhaust off u mate defo if u sell it

will keep that in mind :)

Cheers for the input guys, much appreciated :lol:

After all that... just did an HPI check on it and turns out the glanza's a Cat-C write off as of june last year :)

No Glanza for me this weekend then :lol: bit gutted tbh after looking through the site and seeing the potential these pocket rockets have