Well ive give my throttle body a good clean today and adjusted the throttle cable and once ive put it all back together and started the car to check everything was fine i heard a ticking noise coming from the idle control valve, this does do it all the time but i havnt really taken any notice to it at all.

I know its the idle control valve becuse when you unplug it the ticking stops, when you plug it back in again, it ticks away lol

Any ideas what it could be or do i need a new idle control valve???

Cheers lads, Zac

Well ive give my throttle body a good clean today and adjusted the throttle cable and once ive put it all back together and started the car to check everything was fine i heard a ticking noise coming from the idle control valve, this does do it all the time but i havnt really taken any notice to it at all.

I know its the idle control valve becuse when you unplug it the ticking stops, when you plug it back in again, it ticks away lol

Any ideas what it could be or do i need a new idle control valve???

Cheers lads, Zac

the idle control valve does not tick fella, the vac control valve and purge valve tick but not the idle control, wer is this valve sat on the mani as louds of people think the vac valve is the idle control wen its not.

the idle control valve does not tick fella, the vac control valve and purge valve tick but not the idle control, wer is this valve sat on the mani as louds of people think the vac valve is the idle control wen its not.

Its on the left hand side of the inlet manifold if your standing at the front of the car looking at the engine, the oposite side to the inlet. When you unplug the white plug it stops the ticking, when you plug it in again it starts again :s i just thought it was the idle control valve because when you unplug it to stop the ticking the revs drop slightly, still idles but the revs do drop.

Thanks mate, Zac