My Electrics Dont Work Apart From Headlights.

Hey guys,

I've been working on my starlet now for last month builing it up from standard, but as things go needed a new clutch so mate of mines fitted it for me done a great job apart from now nothing works, car starts and drives fine, the headlights work and so does the interior light.

The clock and rest of dash doesnt light up rear lights/brake/reverse inicators and sound system dont work.

he seems to think theres a problem with an earth but they all seem fine :S and he got fix it till next week can anyone help me cheers

olly.

The clock and rest of dash doesnt light up rear lights/brake/reverse inicators and sound system dont work.

Hey man, That is the exact thing we fixed today on a Diesel Starlet (EP82). The problem we had was the guy tried to put a stereo in. He burnt 7 or 8 wires completely leading to the ignition barrel or around the steering column connectors. We stripped the dash and went onto fault finding and we found all these naked burnt wires. The matey had snipped a wire from where it connects into the male female connector because it kept blowing fuses. All we did is replace all the burnt wires making sure they not touching together and the bit he had cut was for the acutual rear end lighting so we soldered abit of wire and the problem was sorted.

yep same thing happened to me it was the main fuse

if you loook under the engine bay on the far right hand side theres a black box of fuses. have a look at the 2 biggest ones, i think there red and black check them matey sounds like the problem

you havnt crossed the polarity on the battery have you this is usually the reason to blow them fuses lol

yep same thing happened to me it was the main fuse

if you loook under the engine bay on the far right hand side theres a black box of fuses. have a look at the 2 biggest ones, i think there red and black check them matey sounds like the problem

you havnt crossed the polarity on the battery have you this is usually the reason to blow them fuses lol

i couldnt tell you mate, my pal fitted a new clutch so no doubt it has done somthing like that, how do i check them fuses as they aint like the small ones wher u can see if they have blown ?

• 5 weeks later...