i've been wondering about this for quite a bit of yime now but, how much would you benefit from anti lag on a td04 conversion, fully forged, and mapped. i know that having anti lag means the power is there whenever you need but will it be beneficial on a td04 as its bigger than a ct9?

does anyone have it on here, if you do let me see a vid

much appreciated

simple terms...No

will fuck the turbo over in no time at all, will be fun while it lasts but will soon see the turbo poop itself. leave it to the group B's who get to rebuild there turbo/engine every other rally.

well first you need an ecu that has the capabilities to run anti-lag but also be able to tune the aggressiveness of the ALS system. you would need a button on the dash to turn ALS on and off... i believe anti-lag is actually illegal on the public road but could be wrong.

next up you need to be prepared for the stress it will put on the exhaust system and mani... alot of stress will be being put on the decat area. high temp and un burn fuel can cause excessive expansion/contraction of the metal so it might well crack.

also again the stress it will put on the turbo and the exhaust turbines is alot and within a couple of 1000miles will need a rebuild if used to much.

plus it doesn't increase any power levels, you will have power there on acceleration but why unless you are doing some rally cross in your starlet would you need it lol?

anti lag is actually quite easy to fit all you need is a egr valve or secondary air injection valve, with a actuator that is vac operated, and the main and realy only problem with it is you require siramic turbin blades on the turbo as high temps will result, and kill (melt) the turbo blades. other thn that its not hard to do at all. also a straight throw exausts because it will be like a shot gun going off on over run.

this is known in the racing world as "the 5 stroke engine". lol. and batch fireing ecu's are the easyest to adapt this system to. which the 4efte has, but alass it is not road legal.

it u have it set at 0psi so not vacum the turbo will last for ages its wen u start have postive anti lag i.e making pressure.

A friend of mine who hhas buil a 600bhp scooby has anti lag its on a switch etc and wen he has it put on the builder said long has u dont have postive pressure u will be fine.

If people have launch control why not anti lag? it works on the same presincble (spel check)

Anti lag doesn't change your boos threshould. I.e. If a Td04 is going to spool at 4000rpm's its going to spool then regardless.

You'd be better off spending money in the right area's. I.e. A better turbo than a TD04 which will spool earlier and make more power. But these obviously cost alot more.

Regards

Ricky

it u have it set at 0psi so not vacum the turbo will last for ages its wen u start have postive anti lag i.e making pressure.

A friend of mine who hhas buil a 600bhp scooby has anti lag its on a switch etc and wen he has it put on the builder said long has u dont have postive pressure u will be fine.

If people have launch control why not anti lag? it works on the same presincble (spel check)

do not follow mate, thats wat your after is max pos presure keeping the turbo spooled up, watching the engine valve timing and air valve duty cycle might help but only to stop any adverse back presures,but only with small turbos i would imagine. but other thn that its a simple system.

I just dont think the potential damage factor involved is worth running it, plus a Td04 is hardly lag-vil. perhaps if you where running a big gt30/40 and needed to be back on boost quick after coming off the pedal... but that isnt the case.

will sound good, pop some neat flames, draw attention but can ruin your turbo set-up... if you want pops and bangs with some flames get a Bee*R or Omex unit.