I believe the GT box has the 8 bolts crown wheel, where as the n/a type box has 6 bolts, so its the 8 bolt one you need.

Pretty sure I am right but wait for someone to confirm ;)

well am just wondering whats the differents between a trd lsd with 6 bolts and a trd lsd with 8 bolts.?

i can get either one am just wondering which wud fit my standard gt turbo gearbox.??thanks..

Your GT gearbox holds a diff with 8 bolts so get the TRD diff with 8 bolts.

As long as it is an original GT or Glanza gearbox it will be 8 bolt diff fitment, 6 bolt won't fit.

If the box has ever been changed with or without your knowledge get it inspected by someone in the know to make sure.

The 6 bolt diff essentially functions the same but fits a 6 bolt diff fitment gearbox such as the n/a starlet gearboxes.

Basically the only difference is how many bolts hold the diff into place on the crown wheel inside the gearbox. You can see the number of bolts it is by the number of bolt holes on the diff.

I run a QUAIFE ATB diff in my 4EFE n/a gearbox and it is 6 bolts. Will be using it for my FTE conversion.

An aftermarket lsd is a welcome addition to any upgraded drivetrain setup. The difference is quite noticeable.

Joz

Just had WeeJohn mention that early FTE boxes had 6 bolt diffs too.

Its best to inspect what diff you have, but the safe bet is 8 bolts as that is the most common ;)

If you bought it new from TRD for example it would certainly come with 8 bolt fitment.

Joz