Shorted Something Out

before i bought the car someone wired a reverse light up to be a fog light. rewired it to be a reverse light again which worked fine and wired a new bulb up for the fog light (so i could have two reverse lights) but i connected it to the same negative to see if it would still work and it shorted it out.

now sidelights dont work and dash is not lighting up. at first i thought its just blown the fuse for the sidelights and dash but all fuses seem to be ok.

any ideas? i hope i dont have to take dash apart to find where its wired to and if i do hopefully they will be a extra fuse wired in.

did you check all the fuses, as in the ones under the bonnet aswell? and under the steering.

Secondly are the bulbs blown?

last - take dash apart and see if you fried some wires?

My friends (my ex starlet) rear lights all apart from brakes and indicators stopped working and dash lights. We had to take the dash out and do some rewiring because the wires had just fried and were just naked touching each other.