Knock Sensor And Idle

yoyo bra's and bra-ettes :harhar:

can anyone tell me where i locate the knock sensor on my ep91 glanza??

seems this is the fault code i am getting when doing diagnostics...

also where could i get one of these and how much we talking??

and finally is there anything else it could actually be apart from the knock sensor, as i am getting a dodgy idle once it is heated up - it goes down to something like 200 rpm!!

much appreciated and thanks in advance peeps :)

knock sensor is located right at the back of the engine, on the bottom of the block... should be green with some wires coming out, can be a bit of a bitch to get at and get off lol.

if your knock sensor was playing up it would be pulling timing from the engine and retarding it, so it would feel like its trying to accelerate but just wont go type thing. mine didn't effect the idle but it might cause some effect, but i would look else where for an idle problem.

knock sensors from Toyota cost a fooking bomb, so best putting up a wanted thread and find a good condition second hand one.

knock sensor is located right at the back of the engine, on the bottom of the block... should be green with some wires coming out, can be a bit of a bitch to get at and get off lol.

if your knock sensor was playing up it would be pulling timing from the engine and retarding it, so it would feel like its trying to accelerate but just wont go type thing. mine didn't effect the idle but it might cause some effect, but i would look else where for an idle problem.

knock sensors from Toyota cost a fooking bomb, so best putting up a wanted thread and find a good condition second hand one.

thanks bra :harhar:

will have a gander tomorrow, cant be fooked just now.lol.

thers certainly no holding it back, seems a bit laggy bit that is all...will set up a wanted thread when mes have some dosh :)

cheers agen