Confused With The Gt4 Setup

I have read through enzo's guide on this setup, I understand that the discs are 5x100 so I would need prius / corolla discs, the bit i'm a bit lost with reading the guide is the spacers. I have a glanza and looking to do this brake upgrade, I would just like to confirm that I would need spacers to space the disc with this conversion? If so where from?

thanks in advance

I have read through enzo's guide on this setup, I understand that the discs are 5x100 so I would need prius / corolla discs, the bit i'm a bit lost with reading the guide is the spacers. I have a glanza and looking to do this brake upgrade, I would just like to confirm that I would need spacers to space the disc with this conversion? If so where from?

thanks in advance

You will need approx a 7-8mm Spacer making to fit behind the Disc IIRC, along with this you will need the Longer Studs, which calipers are you using? the Twin Pot or Single Pot GT4 calipers?

Kind Regards,

Nick Jones

Tuning Developments LTD

Workshop Landline - 01925 822266

TuningDevelopments@Hotmail.com

www.TuningDevelopments.co.uk

I was looking at the celica st185's in the guide as I dont really want to go above 15" wheels. Think I'm going to scrap this idea in all honesty and just end up buying a proper conversion kit when I get all the dough together :)

I was looking at the celica st185's in the guide as I dont really want to go above 15" wheels. Think I'm going to scrap this idea in all honesty and just end up buying a proper conversion kit when I get all the dough together :thumbsup:

Have done a bit more reading on brake setups aswell, is it true that just standard front discs, uprated pads, braided lines and a master cylinder stopper with be enough of an upgrade for a standard glanza? I may look to improove the HP later on but it well never go to 180 or more

yes disc spacers are required i have a set of st202 calipers to put on my gt (single pot) and i got my spacers made up at west of scotland engineering but any engineering outfit near you would be able to do this for you.

my only problem now is getting the longer wheel studs anyone know where to get them ? (sorry for hi-jack lol)

yes disc spacers are required i have a set of st202 calipers to put on my gt (single pot) and i got my spacers made up at west of scotland engineering but any engineering outfit near you would be able to do this for you.

my only problem now is getting the longer wheel studs anyone know where to get them ? (sorry for hi-jack lol)

hi

buy aftermarket /or on e-bay toyota don`t make them

lyle

• 6 months later...

You can buy longer studs from Toyota. Those from a Toyota Dyna fit, and they are approx 1cm longer than org. Starlet ones. My brother changed to longer studs when he bought som modified wheels.

hi

i have previously stated & PM`ed sme of the guys i have successfully made a kit up with the ST-185 twin-pot calipers with-out the need for longer studs &spacers

good news i have fitted &road tested the set-up now what a difference

will put up a new DIY guide soon

can show you how if interested in the mean-time

lyle

hi

i have previously stated & PM`ed sme of the guys i have successfully made a kit up with the ST-185 twin-pot calipers with-out the need for longer studs &spacers

good news i have fitted &road tested the set-up now what a difference

will put up a new DIY guide soon

can show you how if interested in the mean-time

lyle

Sounds good! ^_^