Going To Pick Up My New Car This Week :d

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well got a few little bit to update...

Got some wicked pics done by my mate who happens to be a professional photographer :(

And in my never ending quest for more power... i bought uprated ported headers and up-pipe AND a hybrid Td05 18G :(:D they should be on soon and then its off to get it all mapped up :)

Right some awesome bits have arrived!

In the scooby world there is a ledge called Harvey, this is his version of the Td05 18G:

63937cf0.jpg

full ported inside's and very smooth ported exhaust housing:

2b1629cf.jpg

I also have from him some ported headers... this is the stock cast mani, fully bead blasted and ported then heat wrapped. Also includes the uprated up-pipe to the new tubby :)

fc5ee15b.jpg

Have my car booked in for a mapping session on the 13th along with my brother in laws WRX, so fingers crossed for some nice power results... not going to crazy but would be well happy with 360bhp and the same in torque :p

Also found i have a Billet comp wheel in the Td05 which is pretty awesome... seeing as thats the flavour of the month with current up and coming turbo's i'm quite luckily to get all that without really knowing :)

just means i know its now super tough and light weight, so going to delete the dump valve and make it chatter like a mofo!

• 2 weeks later...
Nice one Chris, Tubby looks awesome and the car is well........... SEXUAL!!!!! :)

B) cheers buddy, everything is fitted and its getting all mapped up on the 13th! cant wait for that. then a trip up to scoobyworld aka monster motorsport for a power run and graph to see what she is pushing B)

Well mapping session came and went before i knew it... was a wicked morning and was awesome to find out how road mapping works and everything involved goes round.

getting all set up:

fd12a1b5.jpg

All went super smooth, no problems what so ever and lucky for me my car quite liked boosting and Duncan (mapper) was very confidant its going to make a good power figure. No power figures as of yet as i need to get over to a set of rollers to do a power run or two... but estimates are around 350/360bhp with some very healthy torque! thats still with a sports cat and a 2.5" midsection so could still squeeze out more if i decide to go 3" straight through.

Small downside was me unknowingly driving into a traveler's area and getting pretty much flocked by them and one walking upto Duncan's window with a metal bar in his hand... i quite quickly decided to reverse out and leave before something went down :)

Here to keep you happy is a quick sound check of my exhaust and launch control kicking in, set at 5.5k and will build upto 1bar i beleve

th_IMG_0143.jpg

how was the mapping?

whats the car like for insurance, and your age and convictions etc??

whats it like daily?

im looking at buyin the same model, or a spec C import.

cheers

Insurance is a bit of a joke as i'm not over 25 yet :)... really is quite high but i wanted this so bad so had to dig deep! (4 figure high)

As a daily it isnt bad at all relay, exhaust isnt bad the tone is great. Fuel could be better but still manage 20mpg around town if i drive like a saint. but what do you expect from a 2.0L and over 350bhp. tax is pretty high

STi's and imports will be alot higher then Uk WRX's but personally if i get one again (and i will) i'l be getting a jap spec STi or a spec C or even spec C-RA!

there are some good spec UK STi's up for sale on scoobynet.com and at very good prices if you are interested pop over there and have a mooch about :)

yeh, i was on scoobynet last nite, i seen a few on there, there is alot on pistonheads aswell, the different models are still confusing me tho lol, and also the price difference between cars, that too me look to be more or less the same spec.

see, ive got a CD30 on my license, im 25 with 2 yrs ncb, but insurance quotes for me are still in the region of 2k, i really like the look of the hawkeye, but ive been told to steer clear of the 2.5 engine.

dont you wanna sell yours lol.

im also only really interested in white or black, but most of the cars forsale are the blue, and its too common for me.

cheers

elephant are supposed to be good if your 25 and on the look out for a scoob

personaly i like the 2.5's and they make good power for little money, but become limited pretty much to stage 1 tuning as the engines arent the strongest

WRX's will be alot cheaper on insurance but dont come with uprated parts like Brembos all round, bigger intercooler, bigger injectors, turbo etc that the STi's do

I was pretty lucky to find a white UK STi for the price i did... not many of them around and like you i was not going for the common blue! lol

there is an information vault somewhere on scoobynet but i cant find it, that site isnt the easyiest to navigate! haha

• 7 months later...

Well...........

This drove away from me this morning :wub::o :o

really didn't want it to go but insurance is a dam joke and fuel was silly. Oh well got my little mx5 project to keep my busted heart busy lol

Fair well you fine car you!

scoob1.jpg