whilst driving to my mums yesterday, car was fine, as usual, then i noticed a wierd noise about 10miles from her house.

sounded like when you get a hole in your exhaust, bit like a tractor when first setting off then back again when at high revs. got to mums checked the exhaust, all fine,

checked exhaust smoke color, fine,

checked turbo for smoking, nothing,

then got some one to rev ther car whilst i w under bonet to try pin point the noise and.... the fucking turbo isnt boltd on!!! just the 3 bolts cumin through it with no bloody nuts on the end! its air blowing through the gap making the noise. mental.

so need to get some new nuts today,

question is, is it relativly easy to get the turbo off with out having to remove to much other stuff because im guessing it could do with a new gasket now.

and also, why the hell would it have no nuts on, im guessing an incompetant garage in the past. trouble is its my mates garage that fixes it normally. :thumbsup:

use normal nuts the plastic bits in the locktight 1s will just melt. the ooil feed is bolted on under the turbo and is a little metal pipe that goes into the block and its very flimsy, if your turbo wasnt bolted on ther will have been strain on it. make sure its not leaking. it more than likley will be now

cool. just looking at some pics on google, as you look in the bay from the font, its the bit that bolts onto the right of the turbo thats not bolted to the right hand side of the turbo, so turbo and feed should be ok, m10's, cool. the bolt dont look that wide but hey ho. ill get some nuts on for now then get some more and a gasket from toyota when i get home. cheers guys.

oh the cat isnt bolted on? thats different, they are mate's, ure oil feed will be fine then, sorry u made it sound asif the turbo wasnt correctly bolted to the manifold. again standard nuts may do, but toyota ones are the best job imo

im not sure what you mean mate there are 4 bolts holding your turbo on are they all loose?

dont dismiss it because you had a look at pics on google mate, have a good look at it and make sure its not leaking or its bye bye engine!

the oil feed is a small flange thats bolted onto the bottom of the turbo with a skinny little metal pipe that goes to the block next to the oil filter and a thicker rubber hose that goes to the sump.

its def the cat mate, ill check the oil feed though just to be sure, it was just my shitty description to begin with.

Cat? i thought u said your turbo was hanging off lol. Is it at the right hand side of the turbo on the exhaust side thats came loose? or at the top of the turbo where it joins to the manifold?

if its the cat its nothing to worry about, mines used to do that. the bolts came loose all the time. get some new nuts and put them on tight then put an extra nut on each bolt and twist both nuts into each other and it will lock them on

Cat? i thought u said your turbo was hanging off lol. Is it at the right hand side of the turbo on the exhaust side thats came loose? or at the top of the turbo where it joins to the manifold?

if its the cat its nothing to worry about, mines used to do that. the bolts came loose all the time. get some new nuts and put them on tight then put an extra nut on each bolt and twist both nuts into each other and it will lock them on

just need toyota nuts, done up properly they wont shake off, get the proper stuff and ule be sweet

why would ya think ya needed to take the turbo off lol or did you mean the cat off. its not an unheard of problem. my turbo ones all worked there waye loose once after i tightened them proper and they are toyota ones. tightened them as tight as i could and i just check them every so often just to make sure. same with the ones from turbo to cat. you may think ya have iut tight but because it can be hard to get at the back ones they might not be as tight as you think.

kwik fit also stock them mate,i used to work there and had a few spare for myself:)

i had exactly the same problem as u lost all 4! but it was still holding boost,just made a horific noise!