Turbo Making A Whining Noise?

Hi guys,Basically my glanza was making a whining noise at high rpm 5500+ now when I get

to that rev range boost drops to two lights? Its got a

Greddy dump valve,

Blits Nur spec exhuast ,

Hks turbo ttimer and gauge.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

probs just a boost leak, the cars are old so the factory hoses can split quite easy nowadays. check the Bov vac lines etc.

might be a turbo issue but from personal experience they will smoke from seal issues before bearing or anything else become a problem

probs just a boost leak, the cars are old so the factory hoses can split quite easy nowadays. check the Bov vac lines etc.

might be a turbo issue but from personal experience they will smoke from seal issues before bearing or anything else become a problem

It is a whistling noise but now is not exactly where it started to whistle it now drops in boost and when it dumps it's really low pitch? It's only do e 50k and been looked after, how much would I be looking at for a turbo rebuild?

Thanks again guys

does it spool up to the normal pressure, whip the inlet pipe off to the turbo and have a look for oil, and play in the turbo shaft obviously with the engine off. check for oil misting arounjd boost pipes and on entry to the throttle bodies usually easier to get to thats all

It is a whistling noise but now is not exactly where it started to whistle it now drops in boost and when it dumps it's really low pitch? It's only do e 50k and been looked after, how much would I be looking at for a turbo rebuild?

Thanks again guys

well personally i don't think it will be the turbo, check the cheap things first... all the vac lines, actuator, boost hoses, tmic pipes. then if nothing seems to sort it do as Yaristurbo said above, get the inlet pipe off and look for excess oil

yep just check all your basics for no leaks, but if the turbo is showing lack in performance and spitting oil and smoking that is the turbo going, also when a turbo is going it does make a whining noise as mine did when the seals where gone. But just check the basics first

cheers