Abs Light On!

Well i fittd my brakes and pads all around about a month or two ago and all has been fine and a massive upgrade in the braking.

Ive done loads of washes on the car since but on saturday i washed the car and give it a polish and wax which took me a fair few hours, i noticed the discs gettin rusty after the wash which they do.

Later that night i went out in the V and all of a sudden the ABS light came on and has been on since, the braking is still fine but obv no ABS.

Anybody have any idea how i can see what it is???

Maybe how and where i can find the ABS Sensors???

Is there a way of checking if the ABS Sensor has gone on one corner or do you have to check all four???

Many thanks on Advance, Zac

All 4 wheels have ABS that's how it works, disconnect the battery take each wheel off and you will see a ring with about 40-50 teeth on the outside of the Cv joint make sure it's

clean and all the teeth are there. You'll also see a sensor pointing towards the teeth of the ring make sure it's clean sometimes they get bits of metal stuck on them.....lastly check the wire+plug for the sensor is intact with no cuts/rust

After doing all 4 wheels connect the battery and go for a drive it may just be

some crap on the sensor etc so best to try this before forking out any coin

Asad

nice on buddy, so wheels and front discs off ye??? will i need to tek the drive shaft and c.v joint out of the hub?? or can i check them without taking it out???

Thanks for the help mate, Zac

• 1 month later...

Slightly on this topic. My ABS light goes on when i turn my headlights on??

ABS works fine in normal driver conditions,done a hard brake test and car feel the pulse. Its just when i switch the lights on it comes on and stays on.... any ideas?? Stays on even after i turn the lights off...

It started when the car wasnt used over a couple of days and there was an epic rainstorm...

Cheers

Paul