hi all and god!!!

anyone else had trouble when ringing there local toyota branch????

just rang up as recommended for finding some accesories as ebay don't do much for the ep70 other than springs and standard brake discs.

the awful conversation went like this

all i got was 'what part do you want?'

'i am wondering what accesories you can still source for an starlet made in 1985'

'telll me exactly what you want and then i just search for it and give you a price' (fair enough).

so i said 'some finnishing touches like a spoiler different lenses for lights you know what i mean'

'gimme ye reg' (tottaly unprofesional)

so i did,

'these things were not standard on your model they were on the upper model yours is just a gl with amber flashers and red stop lights what more do you want'

'i only want things like that, just some accesories'

'well those are parts, i can't tell on the computer whether they are different to standard fitement on your car, i can't just say i can get you this this this and this you have to tell me what you want so that i can give you an answer'

'just some accesories i am looking for avalibility thats it so is what i want is for you to tell me what you can get for my car, i am not calling to order specific parts i am ringing to see if you still stock or can source accesories for my car'

unbeleivably he then said to me

"well i can't help you mate unless you can tell me what exactly it is that you want, you need to know that an accesory is different to a part, things like repeater lenses and rear lights are standard fit on all cars so will be standard not clear or lexus style, alright!!"

i was left no option but to hang up

is it me or was the service i got totally unreasonable, he made me feel like i was in the wrong ringing them up with such a querry.

james

well to be fair mate you called up without knowing what you wanted, what else was he suppost to say to you? fair enough if you wanted a specific part hed be able to try and source it. but if your ringing up to see what they can offer your wasting their time.

i suppose i was very vague, but really how can i work out what i want when i don't have a clue of what is avalible!!!!

ebay does not have much stuff and most modification shops say do one of those hissing sound when i say starlet,

then when i tell them what shape, age and model it is they laugh in my face then say good luck to ya!!!

Regardless of how vague he may have been, the guy works in Public Relations - there's a correct way to talk to people, and then the atrocious manner he responded

Toyota like other companies run off a digital catalogue they type in a part no it flashes up what it is.

they dont have a list where they can just click "ep91,ep82" then click what accessories they do.

some people are like that on the phone.. and sometimes it could be in retaliation to the manor your speaking in.

if you were being a bit blunt he may have acted the same way.. imature and not very PC(politically correct)... some folk are like that.

best advice is to ask aroundn the guys that own these car see what the other guys managed to source.. toyota can be a bit unhelpful at times but you have to remember they are not like a car store where you can just buy a steering wheel and neons for your car..

No reason for him to start descending into derision - he took a job in a public relations field, he should uphold even basic respect. For want of a more imaginative scenario, that guy is about as useful as dealing with people as a paedophile would be being a teacher. Actually, hold on..