• 6 months later...
To me that "small" throttle body looks smaller than a standard n/a starlet one.

My old throttle body. As far as I know its a standard Starlet n/a 4E-FE one

SDC10398.jpg

Did the corolla get an even smaller throttle body (than the n/a Starlet) as standard? Because it sure looks like it.

yep fella the smaller throttle body in the pic is the corrola 1 limmiting this set up to 88hp so if u swap to the 50mm turbo TB u should see around 10-11hp gains i recon plus the injectors are bigger (brown). the starlet has a 40mm TB but the inlet and exhaust mani is wer the resriction lies limiting the starlet to 80hp i think plus very small injectors (green).

Gavin

• 2 weeks later...

hi

i`ve been following this thread &anything else about this manifold/ T/B swap that has suddenly replaced the rolla mani/ t/b combo as the must do for a N/A starlet .

i always thought the rolla mami &7afe t/b combo was largerthan the STD N/A one & same as the FTE one anyway

so how does the FTE mani do it better than the corolla one apart from larger b/fly size

haven`t seen any HP comparisons done b/tween the corolla one & the FTE i only managed about 6 HP on the rolla up-grade what will the fte /T/B up-grade produce ??? does any one know for sure

i may have to go back to a mani/ t/b set-up

lyle

sorry for late reply mate, yes it appers that the restrictions on the newer 4efe engines are in the inlet manifold. the older corrola engine 93+ had a very good set up so well thy had to put a tiny TB on it to limmet power. if u look on all engines u will find the inlet restriction som wer. since coming on the site i could not understand y u would use the roller mani. plus the ECU on these cars are very good at addapting to mods. u can also just put the turbo mani on and u will see good gains. i recon from the 45mm starlet TB.

Made an attempt at fitting the FTE Mani and trottle body last night.

struggled with the TPS sensor as butterfly shaft is different .

how do i get round this?

I put the FTE mani on with STD small TB and there is still a noticable difference.

mid range and top end power has a deffiently increase. revs quicker. kept finding myself boucing of the limiter. looking forward to the TB to go on now.