ICE Quesion..

ok, i have a problem with my ice set up,

when the car is stood still the amp that powers my 6x9s cuts out, but the amp on my subs stays on,

soon as the car is on the move everything is fine and the 6x9 amp is fine again...

what could be the problem..

thanks in advance :)

i had a similar problem when i first put my sub in.sometimes wen id be driving along it wuld cut out every now an then.i think the battery was being drained but when i drove for a few minutes it would come back on.it doesnt do it anymore though as i drove to london from manchester a few months ago which seemed to fully charge the battery.

Could be a few reasons. Most of the time you just need a bigger gauge cable running from the batt to amp. A power cap will help alright by storing the power from batt first, saves all your headlights and other power sourses being drained. What thickness guage cable you using bro?

Could be a few reasons. Most of the time you just need a bigger gauge cable running from the batt to amp. A power cap will help alright by storing the power from batt first, saves all your headlights and other power sourses being drained. What thickness guage cable you using bro?

Its all high spec wiring, Guage 4 power cable and earth, the pre-outs are anti distortion twisted ones and speaker wiring is oxygen free gauge 16.

I think i may just need a power cap or bigger battery to be honest...

Your two amps, Are there power leads connected to one distrubution block which then runs one main power lead to the battery or do you have the both amps power leads seperate and connected to the battery individually?

Mart...

put it this way, a 4 gauge kit is fine your not gonna have any problems with that. Now when you say your cars stood still, is it running or not? Also how many subs have you got? A second battery would be better but no way should you need 1 running an amp for 6x9's and a sub or even 2. Have you checked your earths? Id say it was a wiring fault or faulty amp.

put it this way, a 4 gauge kit is fine your not gonna have any problems with that. Now when you say your cars stood still, is it running or not? Also how many subs have you got? A second battery would be better but no way should you need 1 running an amp for 6x9's and a sub or even 2. Have you checked your earths? Id say it was a wiring fault or faulty amp.

When my cars stood still, its just started, not driving. Ive got 2 Fusion amps, 800 watt powering 2x1000 watt orion subs, and a 350 watt amp powering my pioneer 6x9's. The earths are fine, both seperate 4 guage earth leads.

Wouldn't it be the battery then mate?

If you get a second or bigger batt then you'll need an alternator from a bus. Are your lights dimming when your subs are pumped up?

Ive three 10inch subs and 2 door pods, system control centre, Graphic Eq with two amps running from Standard Batt and mine is perfect...