hi i took my starlet for an engine clean but when it was finished the car started playing up. for starters the engine would go no further than 2 thousend revs. after a short while the car would not start at all. it seems to tick over then cut itself out. can anyone point me in the right direction of where water may have got in or what components it may have damaged thanks

Good chance theres water in your plugs! Get a high pressure air hose and blow it into the spark plug holes and the plugs themselves,possibly some got into air intake too which isn't good!! Did they cover all electrics and air filter?

It will probably dry out,but a load of water into the engine will do it no good at all! Was the filter wet? You could try getting it started again and see if it'll stay running to dry it out? Think i'd be having words with the monkeys who cleaned it for you!

Next time get the rags and engine degreaser/cleaner out and use a bit of elbow grease! If it's the dizzy side of things it's not too bad to sort out,piston trouble is expensive!

thanks for your advice chap. lets hope its all ok. deffinately wont get the engine steam cleaned again :(

as long as it was running on 4 cylinders you'll be fine :ph34r: have you got anywhere you could store it with heaters or somewhere warm n dry n try again tomorrow?

well its now in my mechanics place. cylinders seemed to be fine not any funny noises coming from the engine. seems to tick over now but seems like theres no petrol going into the engine so it cuts off