Should I Or Shouldnt I ?

Hello all, its been a while since ive been on here, after being made redundant last May and only recently getting back into full time work ive stayed away as seeing all you guys with all your new goodies etc makes me almost come to tears while i struggle to live day by day B) .. But now im back in work, albeit a min wage job, so im now back on the scene.

Ive come to a kind of crossroads in my Glanza ownership. After almost 2 years of loving the glanza im starting to get a little "bored". Im not sure if its just the lack of mods and lack of speed (not enjoying Corsa VXR's and the like getting by me) or that i just want a change. Ive been looking at Audi S3's (seeing as tho im and old B*stard and can afford the insurance) But then i keep thinking back to the - Higher tax, higher insurance, more fuel consumption, side of things which then makes me feel obliged to keeping the ol Glanza and just putting money into that when and if i can.

So my future can be shaped by you guys, what would you do ? bear in mind i dont have the kind of money to go out buy a hybrid, FMIC, Decat, Mani and get it all mapped up to a nice near 200bhp figure. Should i stick with the baby and try to better it so that it feels like a new car as i zip past most things on the road with much larger engines ?

I really kind of know the answer to my own question as you can gather from what ive written here but i just would like input from some of you.. B)

Thanks all

If I were in your boots I would stick with the Glanza, store a little bit of money away, and then expload on expenditure.

Get yourself a TD04 kit and enjoy some proper power, I wouldn't faff about with turbo replacements. If you don't have the money for management then get yourself a FCD/FCC and RRFPR and set TD04 to 1 bar - that should keep you happy for a while. At this point you should have money for management to get more power.

I despise new cars, the cost of running, and everything else inbetween

i agree ^^

i hate new cars so id deffo stick with the glanza. stick with the standard ct9 if you dont have much money its more than capable of running say 1bar of boost. some people run them at 1.2 bar B)

as i said save up what you can then bit by bit buy a few stage one mods and increase the boost then you will be much happier with it B)

Thanks guys.. i knew id regret it if i went for something newer/bigger in the long run. Time to start saving then. Ideally try and get myself an aftermarket ECU again to start with as my old Blitz ECU was awesome plus i dont have to worry about wiring in an FCD etc, then add mani/decat and an adjustable actuator.. Then more.

B)

Thanks guys.. i knew id regret it if i went for something newer/bigger in the long run. Time to start saving then. Ideally try and get myself an aftermarket ECU again to start with as my old Blitz ECU was awesome plus i dont have to worry about wiring in an FCD etc, then add mani/decat and an adjustable actuator.. Then more.

:)

exactly. Mani, decat, cat back, relocated filter, magnecore leads, PLug and play ECU, adjustable actuator, uprated fuel pump, boost set at one bar

lot of things but buy them when you can one by one and you'll fall in love with her once again ;)

Yea theres too many plus points to keeping this car as ive mentioned.. Just need to do things a month at a time now when i get paid. Adjustable acuator may be first thing on the cards... the current standard 1 seems to drop a little bit of boost. Any budding mechanics around my area able to help ? :)