I am soon to be fitting a tdo4 kit to the V. I will be running a bar on a fcd and fuel pressure regulator setup till i can afford some management. I was wondering will i need to upgrade my fuel pump and which one would i need?

Yes mate definitely.

If you have a stock one no doubt it will be knackard for high pressure, so buying an uprated 255lph fuel pump at least you'll be pumping decend potent fuel. I would recommend Walbro, but many can't stand the whine (who own a sports car and not handle the whine is beyond me), but many go for Nicks pumps which are like the walbo but don't whine

can i ask why ^^ when TD's are:

1) Cheaper

2) Better quality

3) Last longer and....

4) Totally silent?

Just wondering why youd want a walbro? is it for the name sake or do you know something i dont lol

has anyone thought of running a GT4 fuel pump. they look a straight swap and should flow more than enough for a TD04 kit.

pulled from the GT4oc site:

stock ST205 / (JZA80 N/A) fuel pump

180 lph @ 43psi @ 12volts

225 lph @ 43psi @ 14v (estimated)

Walbro Fuel Pump

213 lph @ 40 PSI @ 12 volts

255 lph @ 40 PSI @ 13.5 volts

can i ask why ^^ when TD's are:

1) Cheaper

2) Better quality

3) Last longer and....

4) Totally silent?

Just wondering why youd want a walbro? is it for the name sake or do you know something i dont lol

1. Buying something with an own brand is usually cheaper.

2. How can you prove it's better quality, have equal tests been carried out that you may have results for.

3. Again, do they really last LONGER - if so I would like to see these results.

4. Who cares about the NOISE - I/we are performance car holders and can't stand a little whine from a pump, ha, jog on.

Walbo is walbro, been about for years and kick out decent pumps unless you can contrary

has anyone thought of running a GT4 fuel pump. they look a straight swap and should flow more than enough for a TD04 kit.

Yes mate, i ran a Mr2 fuel pump in my glanza and there the same as a GT4. fueled more then enough for my hybrid

1. Buying something with an own brand is usually cheaper.

2. How can you prove it's better quality, have equal tests been carried out that you may have results for.

3. Again, do they really last LONGER - if so I would like to see these results.

4. Who cares about the NOISE - I/we are performance car holders and can't stand a little whine from a pump, ha, jog on.

Walbo is walbro, been about for years and kick out decent pumps unless you can contrary

simply a suggestion mate no need for conflict

was simply stating that the TD pump seemed the better buy IMO

simply a suggestion mate no need for conflict

was simply stating that the TD pump seemed the better buy IMO

Oh not a conflict :o always good to give input. Many go for TD and many go for Walbo - let one choose.