1986 Starlet,,,i Need To Know What Engine Will Fit

hi everyone,,recently i was given a 1986 starlet 1.0l, the car comes with 1 previous owner, 52k on the clock with all service history up to 1997. The car has not been moved since 1997 and the interior is mint. The engine sounds very sweet, amazingly after 13 years started second turn of the key with a jump pack.

I would like advice what engine i could replace with to make it fast or do i keep the car totataly original as it sounds very well...

many thanks

.......or sell it to me :lol:

Seriously though welcome,only engine worth talking about is the FTE :o suppose you could put a 20v in there but more hassle with mounts ect. Take a look in the EP70 section for some insperation :p

haha how much,,been looking on websites on net but thought it would be best to speak on here ans get advice from you guys

^^^^^^^i totally agree ^^^^^^^

i would do that if i had the money, but original is good

(i might be saying that to make me feel good bout mine)

depends what money you got to spend and how good you are at things like changing brackets

well depends on what you want I've had a 1.3 efi 2e engine in mine and that was quick,atm I've a 1,3 carb its plug and play and quick for what it is.I've driven an ep70 with a glanza engine that was known to beat gt turbos and that was amazingley quick.your gonna get a lotta replys like the above but unless your an engineer or have a huge bank ancount forget about it,and remember a ep70 is a 33% lighter than a glanza :)

well depends on what you want I've had a 1.3 efi 2e engine in mine and that was quick,atm I've a 1,3 carb its plug and play and quick for what it is.I've driven an ep70 with a glanza engine that was known to beat gt turbos and that was amazingley quick.your gonna get a lotta replys like the above but unless your an engineer or have a huge bank ancount forget about it,and remember a ep70 is a 33% lighter than a glanza :)

1.3 efi 2E, can you put an efi system on a 2E and does it have any gain?

but they are damn quick without boost and a 2E fitted, i heard it described as a 'wee terrior' and i cant drive yet, but when dad has driven it he said small car nippy engine nice and punchy!!!!!