ok lads gonna post up your catch can setups as i am on my 2nd crank seal since i rebuilt the engine so it must be the pcv.

the setup i have at the mo (i'd put a pic up but the engine is out at the mo to renew the seal and change the engine mounts)

anyway the setup i have is pcv inlet ( intially where standard recirc valve is) i have a hose there leading to the catch can and on the other end of the catch can a small filter the pcv valve (vacuum) still connected up to the inlet mani is this right or wrong ?

cheers guys

colin

Understand that bit, but was trying to picture the way he has it just now.

From what i can figure out..

The PCV is setup as normal?

And he has a line from the cam cover to the can?

And a filter on the other port on the can?

Mine is the usual as such, both ports to the can, and one line going under the car facing towards the rear(acts as a vacume :thumbsup: )

See here,

IMGP7515.jpg

yes spot on rory was trying to make it easy to understand aswell lol

but as said the routing i have is hose from top of rocker to a port on the can and the other port has a filter on it.

the pcv vacuum side that connects to the inlet is standard

now i can see on yours you have rocker and pcv going to the can does your can have a 3rd port ? that you use for your vacuum as i'm unclear on that ?

EDIT: can see it now in your pic my catch can only has the 2 ports though i have adapters for it so if i need to i can modify it :thumbsup:

Function over form min.

It works so ill leave it alone, until it breaks ill mabey cahnge it. :thumbsup:

how comes you havent got a rad overflow bottle from a ABS GT? it would look much nicer

The line that goes from the top of the can, goes under the car, and faces to the rear of the car.

Theres a vacume created as the direction of airflow under the car is heading in the same direction as the way the hose is facing.

Dont ask me how it works, but i know for a fact it does. B)

Im one of the few that dont want anything in my charge, hence no PCV or and breather hose to the inlet tract.

yes spot on rory was trying to make it easy to understand aswell lol

but as said the routing i have is hose from top of rocker to a port on the can and the other port has a filter on it.

the pcv vacuum side that connects to the inlet is standard

now i can see on yours you have rocker and pcv going to the can does your can have a 3rd port ? that you use for your vacuum as i'm unclear on that ?

EDIT: can see it now in your pic my catch can only has the 2 ports though i have adapters for it so if i need to i can modify it B)

• 2 weeks later...