Rear Brakes Really Crap, How To Fix

Hi

I know the rear brakes only do about 20% of the braking, but mine seem to be really bad. Any car i have driven 9/10 you should be able to lock up the rear wheels with the hand brake, or at least slow the car down with what feels like a usual amount of rear wheel braking using just the hand brake.

Mine simply... dont! Handbrake doesnt feel loose and need adjusting but its really bad, Its impossible to lock the wheels with it and also the performance slowing down with it is terrible.

I looked at the discs one side has worn evenly, but the other has only worn 50% of the disc with the pad, the rest is rusty.

What would be the best idea here, should i replace the discs and put in new pads, would there be any reason why the rear braking performance is so bad?

Any help would be great

Thanks

Craig

do you have braided lines? what fluid do you have?

5.1 fluid

BMCs

fresh pads + discs

ive noticed nearly all GT/Vs ruin the rear discs like you have described and have a rim of rust with a bit of even wear in the middle

Its got braided lines fitted, as its worn the disc unevenly i guess i have no choice but to replace the discs :thumbsup:

Most likely just ure cables dude, handbrKe should clamp on solid, meaning no type of pad or disc setup would really aid it

if it's worn un evenly it probably means that either the piston has seized or possibly the sliding bolts for the carrier have seized. this way when the brake is applied the free surface can be applied to the disc but the seized side does not. most likely a seized caliper and will reduce braking performance significantly.

^^^ as that man said it is probably seized on the one side.buy some new discs and pads strip everything down carriers the lot and clean them all up, i would use copper grease on the sliders and check to see if the caliper is seized if so get another one.clean the carriers with a wire wheel on a drill.