The ones that have fitted an oil cooler to their your cars, do you have any pics, of the fitment?

I am having space trouble. Fmic + Civic rad + oil cooler, there is almost no space for all that.

Ryan,

I would consider shifting the oil cooler, there is no way for any free flowing (undisturbed) airflow to get to the rad.

Mabey turn it 90 degrees so at least the is some kind of decent airflow getting to it.

Rory

Ryan,

I would consider shifting the oil cooler, there is no way for any free flowing (undisturbed) airflow to get to the rad.

Mabey turn it 90 degrees so at least the is some kind of decent airflow getting to it.

Rory

I never thought of that Rory, Ill get it turned 90 degrees before i get it back on the road

Keeps the oil temps down, therefor prolonging the life of the motor.

If there is no thermostat inline, then the oil will be over cooled, and will wreck an engine(basically running the motor stone cold all the time)

So just remember to run a thermostat with an oil cooler.

Keeps the oil temps down, therefor prolonging the life of the motor.

If there is no thermostat inline, then the oil will be over cooled, and will wreck an engine(basically running the motor stone cold all the time)

So just remember to run a thermostat with an oil cooler.

Where the Original TMIC mounts... saw it in hyper revs...will get a pic if i can

Hazzagray, ive seen it and i dont think it would work well (just like the TMIC)

You need airflow to pass through the cooler core for it to work, not get interupted right behind the core with the inlet manifold etc.

Hence the reason at the front behind the bumper, no heat soak and a stream of fresh air.

I don´t think that there will be any problems for oil coolers without a thermostat, if you only use to your car in the summer. Winter may be a problem.

I went on the safe side and got a Mocal oil cooler with a thermostat. :D

So, any one has any more pics of fitted oil coolers?

Hazzagray, ive seen it and i dont think it would work well (just like the TMIC)

You need airflow to pass through the cooler core for it to work, not get interupted right behind the core with the inlet manifold etc.

Hence the reason at the front behind the bumper, no heat soak and a stream of fresh air.

Cool, thanks for that mate.

Didnt know that. I imagine it could work alright, but i can see the restrictions to it.

Thanks for that, probably why i havent seen it before.

You done the right thing by fitting a thermostat.

Just think if you run an engine without a thermostat in the water system, it never heats up.

Same with the oil system.A thermostat isnt a restriction, its an aid :D

I don´t think that there will be any problems for oil coolers without a thermostat, if you only use to your car in the summer. Winter may be a problem.

I went on the safe side and got a Mocal oil cooler with a thermostat. :D

So, any one has any more pics of fitted oil coolers?