with the key in the "on" position the temp gauge still goes to the maximum. basicall i have installed a 98 spec engine into a 95 spec quad light, using the old 95spec engine loom. i have installed a 95spec coolant temperature sensor onto a 98spec engine becuase i am using a 95 spec engine wiring loom. the plug now fits but there is nothing that the flat spade bit that is with the coolant temperatures sensor plug will fit to! the main plug fits on perfect but there isnt anywhere to put the spade bit! i have made a temporary earth via a bolt to the tmic frame work and the temp gauge in now goes right up to the maximum every time i turn the key to the "on" position. because the gauge has gone up as far as it can i now have a little light on my dash to say that the car is overheating! but when i start the car the little light goes out car runs but it struggles! (when coming off the throttle!) it struggles to idle almost stalling! (but i think that is another problem!) but the gauge still remains at the maximum!

anyone help? as really want to get this on the road. i am really pulling my hair out now!

many thanks

Bill.

with the key in the "on" position the temp gauge still goes to the maximum. basicall i have installed a 98 spec engine into a 95 spec quad light, using the old 95spec engine loom. i have installed a 95spec coolant temperature sensor onto a 98spec engine becuase i am using a 95 spec engine wiring loom. the plug now fits but there is nothing that the flat spade bit that is with the coolant temperatures sensor plug will fit to! the main plug fits on perfect but there isnt anywhere to put the spade bit! i have made a temporary earth via a bolt to the tmic frame work and the temp gauge in now goes right up to the maximum every time i turn the key to the "on" position. because the gauge has gone up as far as it can i now have a little light on my dash to say that the car is overheating! but when i start the car the little light goes out car runs but it struggles! (when coming off the throttle!) it struggles to idle almost stalling! (but i think that is another problem!) but the gauge still remains at the maximum!

anyone help? as really want to get this on the road. i am really pulling my hair out now!

many thanks

Bill.

your gauge will shoot up like that if its directly earthed