4e-fte Bottom End Rebuild

Hi

Trying to get the courage together to start on this bottom end rebuild, i have changed an engine in my starlet before last year, but never attempted this!

I cant find any info or guides anywhere on it, can someone post me some advice on dismating it.

I'll get the engine out and have it on my work bench, i just need to know whats involved in the job.

i.e once i take the sump off, i'll have the crank, caps etc, anyone know a rough step by step guide from memory then can post here.

Do i need any special tools also?

I have found a company to skim my crank if need be and also sourced the bearings, i guess i'll replace all of them if i have it apart that much including the main bearing.

I will also make a guide on this when i do it for future reference!!

Can start pulling it apart buddy just dont mix any of the caps up and keep them all marked....also cover the big end bolts as not to mark the bores when your pulling the piston thru

youtube if your friend

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....c=27218&hl=

i followed that roughly. english is hard to understand at some points tho.

the only problem i encountered while rebuilding my bottom end was that the caps were a really tight fit. so much so that one side would stick up until i tightened the bolt down but because it was pulling itself into a smaller gap it was squashing the bearing and not allowing the crank to turn.