Jdm Integra type r dc2

right i was wondering what people think of them? i can get one stupid cheap, ive always wanted one but the money i have saved up was for fixing the glanza (again), was just thinking about forgetting the glanza for now and going for the teg?

Can't help much but I love the look of hondas solid build quality...awesome avaliability of aftermarket parts and options compared to ep.....only thing is vtec is it for you or boost till you die? Can turbo it tho I suppose

meh what do I know lol Best of luck with whatever you do buddy

I really want one next but after the GT im pretty much done with FWD.

I'd get one as a daily car if I could afford to in a few years.

Reliable, awsome performance out of the box with a few bolt ons and comfy cars and they are pretty cheap these days (unlike ek9's).

Thats the thing Asad i think ill miss the boost, i think v tec will bore me lol but ive always wanted a dc2, having said that ill still have the glanza locked away in the garage.

Yeah sparky i was thinking about a rwd (kp60) but this teg had poped up lol

if your still keeping the V and have money for the Honda go for it.....it would be a harder choice to make if you were selling the V to move to the honda

Yeah but the money is for fixing the glanza lol, i have a civic for running about in the now but ive always wanted a teg and its came up for a good price. think ill go have alook at it and make my mind up

Few years ago mate of mine had a DC2 with a turbo kit installed, and boy it was fastâ?¦ turbo kick in at 2k running at 1.5 bar and at 6.5k scramming vetch all the way till 9.5k then gear change. The car it self is very well made and the handling is sport on, the only down side its that there donâ??t have enough torque, and you have to scram the engine to get to power you desire, but you could get a thing called vetch controller eliminate that problem.

Few years ago mate of mine had a DC2 with a turbo kit installed, and boy it was fastâ?¦ turbo kick in at 2k running at 1.5 bar and at 6.5k scramming vetch all the way till 9.5k then gear change. The car it self is very well made and the handling is sport on, the only down side its that there don't have enough torque, and you have to scram the engine to get to power you desire, but you could get a thing called vetch controller eliminate that problem.

Any pics? that must of been nutts lol turbo + vtec ftw, im sure my mate has a vtec controller i can steal

You dare put a vtec controller on a honda and ill slap you!!

The most pointless things ever made, just a gimick that losses you power :(

If it were me id go for it buddy, something reliable and with a bit of poke, also look alot better than the UKDM ones.

If you dont like it, there easily sold on and keep a good price.

@G4V1N - 1.5 bar at 2k?? Are you sure?

You dare put a vtec controller on a honda and ill slap you!!

The most pointless things ever made, just a gimick that losses you power :(

If it were me id go for it buddy, something reliable and with a bit of poke, also look alot better than the UKDM ones.

If you dont like it, there easily sold on and keep a good price.

@G4V1N - 1.5 bar at 2k?? Are you sure?

haha, whats up with the vtec controllers? i know if u set them too low it does something? not really looked into it though.

I think he ment the turbo started spooling at 2k

Any pics? that must of been nutts lol turbo + vtec ftw, im sure my mate has a vtec controller i can steal

should have some somewere, have to dig it out... but if you are concedering getting one and lucky enought to get one with a turbo, boy your in for a treat... :( but bear in mind the insurance in gonna cost a few quid extra.

£500 fully comp on standard thats a bargen

haha, whats up with the vtec controllers? i know if u set them too low it does something? not really looked into it though.

I think he ment the turbo started spooling at 2k

Thats what i meant, sorry fro the confusion :(

ryan I demand to know where uve found this cheap integra lol

haha its a mate of a mate who is going to sell it to we buy any car (offered a stupid price) and he said i could have it for the same price they offered, if i dont go for it ill give u a shout

Few years ago mate of mine had a DC2 with a turbo kit installed, and boy it was fastâ?¦ turbo kick in at 2k running at 1.5 bar and at 6.5k scramming vetch all the way till 9.5k then gear change.

youd normally always remove vtec with a set of toda vtec killer cams or something similar when boosting *tak* if your going to run 1.5 bar or it wouldnt work as the high lift cam and boost dont work well together and you normally get a high rpm tq drop off..

thought id just add my 2p :(

youd always remove vtec with a set of toda vtec killer cams or something similar when boosting *tak* if your going to run 1.5 bar or it wouldnt work as the high lift cam and boost dont work well together. what will happen is the valves are still open during compression stroke, so the boosted mixture escapes before the valves close, therefore robbing you of power at high rpms

thought id just add my 2p as 1.5bar and tak sounds far..... from correct :(

tbh im not event sure what he's has done to the car, all i know its he took me out for a quick spain and its bloody quick, took a quick glance at his boost guage and it read 1.5bar, then he had to slow :( .

so how much boost should be running if 1.5bar its far from correct? :p